News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

White decals for pedals?

Started by brand0nized, December 17, 2013, 06:35:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twin1965

Is your supplier Crafty Computer Paper? The last batch I got from them was crap.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

das234

Quote from: davent on December 17, 2013, 10:41:17 PM
You could print your black/coloured lettering onto white decal film then trim the decal to leave a thin white outline around your lettering. In the past i've cut a mask slightly larger then my lettering, used the mask to paint a white cloud on the enclosure then apply the clear decal over the cloud.

dave

I just did this for a pedal I'm working on.  I wanted a hammer tone black pedal with white lettering.  I printed on clear inkjet decal paper so the white lettering came out clear.  I made a little paper stencil to paint the white clouds under the decal.  When I put the decal on, it the white letters came through just like I wanted.   

muddyfox

Quote from: das234 on December 18, 2013, 12:29:36 PM
When I put the decal on, it the white letters came through just like I wanted.

Pictures, or it didn't happen!  ;D

das234

Still working on the pedal - build post to come, but here's something...

So there! :P

das234

muddyfox

Some sort of a compressor? Ross?

das234

Ding ding ding.  Ross compressor it is.

bcalla

Quote from: muddyfox on December 18, 2013, 02:19:12 PM
Some sort of a compressor? Ross?
Has to be a Ross - the picture is of Bob Ross who had a TV show & showed viewers how to paint "happy little trees".

alanp

What was the TV show about?

I'm only asking because Epic Rap Battles of History did a "Pablo Picasso vs Bob Ross" skit, and while the world knows who Picasso is, I spent the whole time wondering who the hell Afro-man was.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

jkokura

Quote from: bcalla on December 18, 2013, 02:45:19 PM
Bob Ross who had a TV show & showed viewers how to paint "happy little trees".

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

das234

Quote from: alanp on December 18, 2013, 04:19:28 PM
What was the TV show about?

I'm only asking because Epic Rap Battles of History did a "Pablo Picasso vs Bob Ross" skit, and while the world knows who Picasso is, I spent the whole time wondering who the hell Afro-man was.

Sorry to hijack the thread.  Here's Bob Ross.  Stretch this out for 30 minutes and that's his show.

juansolo

Quote from: twin1965 on December 18, 2013, 11:42:36 AM
Is your supplier Crafty Computer Paper? The last batch I got from them was crap.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Used to use CCP and yep their white labels were shite.

Switched to PhotoPaperDirect a while back and all was dandy for some time. Awesome clear labels and usable film white ones. I got a new delivery of clear though and they're different and completely useless. I've been in touch and it seems their supplier of the original ones has gone.

Utterly gutted on that. So I'm going back to Crafty for clear. I'm really hoping they've not gone to shit as well otherwise I'm in real bother as to what to use. Still waiting for them to land....
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Gledison

Quote from: brand0nized on December 17, 2013, 07:33:55 PM
I know about waterslide decals, I've ordered some from mammoth along with my parts.

I'm just wondering how I could get white text on there.

I like the idea of printing the color of the enclosure onto a white decal for white designs, but I feel like it won't look as good as I want it to be
You can use a transparent waterslide decal! You can use a white pen to paint underneath the decal! Print as usual and add on the top of the white painted part! It works fine!
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?

davent

Printing/decaling white onto dark is something that comes up often, best feedback i've seen is for products from Pulsar, seems to be expensive to get started and a bit of a learning curve but the pictures posted have been most impressive. Can't remember who or where the posts were for the person playing with this.

http://www.pulsarprofx.com/decalpro/vertical/1_menu/1d_components/Components.html

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

m-Kresol

Where do you guys buy envirotex. Seems hard to get in Europe (at least in Austria).
You could print your black/coloured lettering onto white decal film then trim the decal to leave a thin white outline around your lettering. In the past i've cut a mask slightly larger then my lettering, used the mask to paint a white cloud on the enclosure then apply the clear decal over the cloud.

I don't really get what you mean by "clouds". Could you please go into detail a little bit? I get the idea from your picture - having black letters with light borders - but wouldn't you have to cut along the edges of the letters perfectly to get even line thickness and such stuff? (using white decal that is)
I guess another possibility is to use white decal, paint everything black except for the letters and apply that. Does anyone know how that turns out? I'm rather sceptical.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials