News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Footswitch build?

Started by danwelsh, December 14, 2013, 05:01:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danwelsh

Hi guys....just got myself a h&k tubemeister 18 head and cab but a footswitch wasn't included. Anyone know how to build one? :)

Vallhagen

Quote from: danwelsh on December 14, 2013, 05:01:21 PM
... h&k tubemeister 18 head ...

Hey danwelsh. I am actually a bit interested in that amp myself. Can you tell us how you like it? How does it sound compared to... something? What kind of music/guitar sound are you into? Have you compared it to its "bigger brother", the 36-watter?

I have one old h&k from the early nineties, an attax 80. A non-tube amp, but it has given me many hours of great playing.

Cheers
Bengt
Yes i still have Blüe Monster pcb-s for sale!

...and checkout: https://moodysounds.se/

danwelsh

Quote from: Vallhagen on December 15, 2013, 04:17:53 PM
Quote from: danwelsh on December 14, 2013, 05:01:21 PM
... h&k tubemeister 18 head ...

Hey danwelsh. I am actually a bit interested in that amp myself. Can you tell us how you like it? How does it sound compared to... something? What kind of music/guitar sound are you into? Have you compared it to its "bigger brother", the 36-watter?

I have one old h&k from the early nineties, an attax 80. A non-tube amp, but it has given me many hours of great playing.

Cheers
Bengt
I love this amp.....I play classic rock, rock and a bit or metal. It takes to pedals very well and sounds really good. I also got the 112 cab to go with it which had a Celestion vintage 30 16ohm 60watt speaker.....I actually took the Marshall DSL40c combo back and got this instead....I was having channel problems with it and when I get a faulty product it turns me off from that product....

danwelsh

I didn't try the 36 but I did try the 5 and found that too tinny. I couldn't really tell you what it compares to but I know it sounds awesome with the green bean I built....also I use a Gibson lp with p90s. Another 2 great things about this head is the ability to play at 1,5 or 18 watts  and the spot in the back that you put a pick in and it tells you how well your tubes are biased.

Vallhagen

Thanx for info and opinion Dan.

Cheers:)
Yes i still have Blüe Monster pcb-s for sale!

...and checkout: https://moodysounds.se/