News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Grease Gun build

Started by selfdestroyer, December 12, 2013, 04:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

selfdestroyer

When the function-fx fund raiser started I was broke as a joke but Brian included a etchable layout of the GreaseGun so I decided to build it while I wait for some funds to donate. This is a great all around pedal and gets nice overdrive sounds to fuzz sounds with no issues. Seems pretty bulletproof. Just as I boxed this one up my pack from function-fx came in the mail. haha

I stuck with my simple labeling for this one and I fell in love with the color.

My 3PDT daugter board was a little messy this time around since I had a bad switch I had to desoldier from it and it was my last etched one.

culturejam

That, my friend, is a very tidy build.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

selfdestroyer

Quote from: culturejam on December 12, 2013, 06:03:37 PM

Thanks, I am still loving this pedal. I going to build the fab PCB and give it to my father as a present. I think he will like this circuit.

midwayfair

That red phenol is pretty hot. Also kinda dig the green.

culturejam

Just to throw in on a related thread...

As with almost everything I build, I wanted more gain than the stock Grease Gun circuit is set up for. So I changed R7 to 100K to give it a bit more sustain and compression at max gain.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

rullywowr

Simple = good.  I dig the neatness, the color, and overall vibe.  Nicely done!

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

hylandren

Quote from: culturejam on December 12, 2013, 06:03:37 PM

-That, my friend, is an understatement! lol

selfdestroyer

Thanks guys for all the compliments.

stevie1556

Beautiful build! Love that green colour!

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk!

m-Kresol

Nice one!
Since I have 1590A sitting around (I will build the NoMoJo Fuzz in an 1950B after all), I thought the grease gun will fit. Unfortunately the pcb is about 2mm too broad so it won't fit in when all the capacitors are in place. Too bad, that would have been fun.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

micromegas

I really like the simplicity of your builds man, elegant and colourfull. I may need to buy some rubber stamps for me and give a try to those stazon inks....
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io