News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

What is This Called??

Started by TreeSlayer, December 07, 2013, 01:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TreeSlayer

I need to get a replacement for this. what type of connector is this called? thanks a million in advance!

Layton

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g61/TreeSlayer/th_2013-12-06185411_zps8c42fbee.jpg?t=1386381251
"At the line it's just you, me and the tree." the TreeSlayer

"You have the rest of your life to make excuses and be a fuckin' pussy. Today is your day OFF!"  Amiri King

croquet hoop

IEC connector?

There are many variants (pin layout), so be careful when you choose the replacement.

edit: looks like what you need is the C14 variant http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEC_connector#Appliance_Coupler_standard_sheets

rullywowr

Yup, it's an IEC.  If you can wait then order it online for about $6.00 otherwise Radio Shack will gladly sell you one for about double that.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

TreeSlayer

wow! that was quick! y'all reckon Mouser would have it?

"You have the rest of your life to make excuses and be a fuckin' pussy. Today is your day OFF!"  Amiri King

croquet hoop

TreeSlayer

Quote from: croquet hoop on December 07, 2013, 01:16:30 AM
Sure. For instance: http://fr.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Kobiconn/161-R301B07-E/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMv1TUPJeFpwbhNb2LLV2zw6wEih7O7UrUE%3d

(just check the datashet to be sure, but it should be okay)
thanks a million, Matt!! you're a life saver. if there's anything I can do for you, just holler!!

Layton aka the "TreeSlayer"

croquet hoop

jimilee

What are you building, and do we need to build one also?
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

TreeSlayer

Quote from: jimilee on December 07, 2013, 01:49:34 AM
LOL! actually, i'm rebuilding an old, cheap amp that one of my co workers was given. it's a transistor type. I have two tube amps, and actually this thing has a tone all it's own. it sounds cheap, but it might have a place. you ever seen one of these?
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g61/TreeSlayer/2013-12-06205711_zps355fd0ae.jpg

jimilee

Quote from: TreeSlayer on December 07, 2013, 03:32:15 AM
Quote from: jimilee on December 07, 2013, 01:49:34 AM
LOL! actually, i'm rebuilding an old, cheap amp that one of my co workers was given. it's a transistor type. I have two tube amps, and actually this thing has a tone all it's own. it sounds cheap, but it might have a place. you ever seen one of these?
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g61/TreeSlayer/2013-12-06205711_zps355fd0ae.jpg
No I haven't, but it looks most interesting.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

TreeSlayer

It is. All I have left to do is replace the plug and finish up some of the other wiring and hope for the best! I'll post some audio later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimilee

Quote from: TreeSlayer on December 07, 2013, 03:57:04 AM
It is. All I have left to do is replace the plug and finish up some of the other wiring and hope for the best! I'll post some audio later.

Good luck sir, them things will fry and take you along with it. Be careful!

TreeSlayer

Will do, ole Bud. I know these things ain't no pedal! I've been very careful and double triple checking behind myself. Thanks for the concern. Take care! I hope the bad weather we've been getting doesn't make it to your neck of the woods!

jimilee

Quote from: TreeSlayer on December 07, 2013, 04:15:00 AM
Will do, ole Bud. I know these things ain't no pedal! I've been very careful and double triple checking behind myself. Thanks for the concern. Take care! I hope the bad weather we've been getting doesn't make it to your neck of the woods!

Nope, weather went North of us and just left a little bit of rain.

TreeSlayer

Cool deal Bubba!