News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Recent dirt builds

Started by soldersqueeze, December 06, 2013, 04:03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

soldersqueeze

I've been slacking on build reports lately, so here's a round up of a few dirt pedals.

First off is one of Bengt's Blue Monster PCBs-

Very interesting sounding distortion, with a lot of tonez to play with. At first the filter pot seemed a bit over the top at either extreme but after playing with it a while you realise that there are certain settings which require the full sweep. Certainly worth a build if your into unique sounding high-gain pedulz. Hoping to get a proper demo recorded soon.

Now onto some vero action. This one is a SHO/ Meathead built for someone who wanted a birthday gift for their guitar playing friend. The switches are an order reverse switch and input/ output caps for the meathead-

I enjoyed building this, and caught the vero bug. This led to my Christmas gift for a very good friend- a Blackout Effectors Musket clone (highly modified muff)-

Sounds epic and a highly recommended build for muff fans.

Up next is a Mad Prof Stone Grey Distortion / DAM Sonic Titan double distortion-

Loving the sound of this one. There is a whine with the Stone Grey distortion maxed out, but I don't mind as this pedal is for me and I won't be using it like that. First impressions are that they are fairly similar sounding circuits, but different enough to want both :) Dirty, noisy rock distortion!

Finally is a build using two of Pickdropper's beautiful PCBs. This is a Moon Lander and Screwdriver-

One of those pedals you know is a keeper the second you hear it. If you've not played either of these circuits you really should build them, this is staying on my guitar pedal board for good! Having these two together really does open up a huge array of sounds. Freaking awesome.

Hope you good people like 'em!

alanp

The wiring on the moonlander/screwdriver is amazing :) No problems with crosstalk?

(Love my Cosmo (MB Screwdriver) to bits, not so keen on the ML, doesn't have the same sparkle to it.)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

soldersqueeze

Quote from: alanp on December 06, 2013, 08:27:37 PM
The wiring on the moonlander/screwdriver is amazing :) No problems with crosstalk?

(Love my Cosmo (MB Screwdriver) to bits, not so keen on the ML, doesn't have the same sparkle to it.)

No crosstalk problems yet and I gave it a decent workout, so hopefully it's OK.
I know what you mean about the sparkle of the Screwdriver, it really compliments the Moon Lander. I don't know which I prefer, but I suppose having them together like this means I don't have to decide..

Oh, and on the subject of crosstalk, it's worth mentioning that the Stone Grey is actually dead quiet (contrary to my initial post)- it's the Sonic Titan which makes a whine when the Stone Grey distortion control is turned up. Now I think about it, the same thing happens with my Sonic Titan/ Big Cheese build. I guess that circuit just doesn't want to be in a multi-pedal.

Vallhagen

Quote from: soldersqueeze on December 06, 2013, 04:03:19 PM
First off is one of Bengt's Blue Monster PCBs-
[...]
Very interesting sounding distortion, with a lot of tonez to play with. At first the filter pot seemed a bit over the top at either extreme but after playing with it a while you realise that there are certain settings which require the full sweep. Certainly worth a build if your into unique sounding high-gain pedulz. Hoping to get a proper demo recorded soon.

Hey:)

I've actually been waiting for your post to show up! Great to see it boxed, and great to read your words about it. I'm lookin forward to your demo too!

Cheers!
/Bengt
Yes i still have Blüe Monster pcb-s for sale!

...and checkout: https://moodysounds.se/