News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NPD: Xotic SP and I am super impressed

Started by selfdestroyer, December 06, 2013, 06:33:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

selfdestroyer

I just got this pedal delivered from Amazon today. It was a gift from my aunt since she bought one and loved it. At first I was like "I like my Xotic EP Booster so I'll check this guy out" but man was I supprised. First off its tiny and built like a tank, nice and heavy. I looked at the included docs and it said that its got a 4 way DIP switch to set the attack, release, High Cut and Input Padding. So I opened up the thing and there is a freakin battery in it.. I was blown away that it can be so small and still have room for a 9V battery.

The other high point was the the blend knob is a true 100% dry to 100% wet. I was able to get a subtle compression like my Tone Press offers and I still can blend in my dry signal. Plus its a 1/4 of the size of my Tone Press so it may be switched off my board. I may try my Tone Press on my bass rig for the time being before I try to sell it.

Here are some shots:

croquet hoop

I think their SL Drive is similar, small jacks, 9V battery and amazing use of the space inside the enclosure. It's nice to hear they sound good too!

Out of curiosity, how tall is the enclosure?

selfdestroyer

croquet hoop

Thanks! So it's slightly taller than a 1590A, it would be fun to be able to get those enclosures. Anyhow, that's a cool little pedal.

raulduke

Looks really neat.

Really, really clever use of space in the enclosure too.