News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pork loin based pedal :)

Started by Gledison, December 04, 2013, 05:51:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gledison

Hey guys,
I was reading about people using different OD to boost each other and get different tones.
im looking for a low gain OD and heard very nice demos of the pork loin.
is there any layout out there?
cheers
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?

nieradka

There is a schematic on fsb, and an unconfirmed layout.

GermanCdn

Jacob's got the Clean Drive up on his website for purchase, it's based off the Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive, which is a very similar product to the Pork Loin (I have a clean drive, a sparkle drive, and a pork loin, and they all sound different, but generally achieve the same goal).
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

LaceSensor

the difference being that the pork loin isnt simply a "clean" blend of your straight signal with an seperate overdrive, moreso the pork loins clean channel is also its own kinda circuit/preamp and has its own sound

Great pedal.
Worth the very small cost to actually buy the real one, and the engineering of the way huge reissues is an example to ALL pedal builders in my opinion.

billstein

Does the Klon or Kingslayer do the same thing with the Dirt-clean pot?

alanp

If it's a low gain OD you're after, rather than the Pork Loin specifically, the Cosmo is hard to beat. It doubles as either fuzz or OD, depending on how you set it :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

jubal81

I've looked at the schematics for the Pork Loin and Fat Sandwich and they make me groan inside with how long they'd take to lay out. Still tempted to give it a shot.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

Gledison

Maybe i should post on the thread where Brian asked us for new etching projects..;P
Having a pork loin i could use my tube screamer as a booster... Ahhhhhrg! The possibilities are just infinite damn it!
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?