Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

CAN'T DECIDE!!!

Started by evildead222, December 02, 2013, 11:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shrtyska9

Quote from: selfdestroyer on December 02, 2013, 11:34:36 PM
Quote from: evildead222 on December 02, 2013, 11:30:41 PM
I don't know which muff to make.  Mayo, Musket, Pharaoh?  Anyone who plays doom metal, which is heaviest?

Pharaoh is doomalishous for sure. I love how it can nail the older doom sound like Sleep and Electric Wizard. just my 2 cents.

This convinced me to build a Pharaoh.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Richard

juansolo

Quote from: evildead222 on December 02, 2013, 11:30:41 PM
I don't know which muff to make.  Mayo, Musket, Pharaoh?  Anyone who plays doom metal, which is heaviest?

Built a Pharoah yesterday and it's certainly worthy. Still prefer the UltraStoner for that though.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

pryde

pharaoh or ultrastoner is way cool.

Whatever you build I would still socket the tone-stack components and transistors to further dial it in to your liking.

For even another option check out my "King of Muffs". Its on the spreadsheet as well. Super versatile tone stack, tons of sustain with a very saturated, gated pick attack at full gain, Build report and demo:
http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=12012.msg108432#msg108432

Clayford

Quote from: evildead222 on December 03, 2013, 12:27:18 AM
im looking at the layout on tagboard effects from ivlark
As I understand it, that is Mark the i's and the v make the M.
Quote from: timbo_93631 on December 03, 2013, 06:29:17 AM
... going to use the fo-SHO PCB from the oshPark shared projects thread or a guitarPCB sho'Nuff (whichever arrives first)reconfigured as an LPB-1 into a Mudbunny.  Should be pretty neato.
Did you catch that the pot was initially backwards on the PCB (see rully's thread in the member project area)
SHO -> LPB-1 ?!? Where did you find this? Please share.
head solder jockey, part time cook: cranky&jaded

ravendark

It looks like he fixed the reversed pot issue

rullywowr

Yes, the pot is good to go now. My apologies.  You can use the first version PCB by just flipping 1 and 3 with some insulated wire (it's hidden and nobody will see it. :)

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.