News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

aion Cerulean - Morning Glory

Started by Jakes Dad, November 30, 2013, 10:21:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jakes Dad

Almost finished this one up this afternoon - everything except the final finish.  An aion Cerulean - a Blues Breaker clone with a half ton of options.  Built this one to Morning Glory specs with the bright cut and populated the selectable clipping with 2 x 3mm green LEDs and 2 x 1N4001s + 1 x 1N914 for now - they're socketed so I've got plenty of play potential.  Here's the box:

And the guts - nice and tidy thanks to the on-board pots and switches:

Chuck

jkokura

Love the finish on that one Chuck, and it's so clean inside too. I think I'm gonna try that sanded top with the painted sides trick sometime. I really like the look, with the matching knobs on top.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

selfdestroyer

Agreed, very cool look. I might give that one a try also. Looks very clean. Also, the Morning Glory clone I built has not left my board just under a year. I love just love the sound of the Bluesbreaker and the mods really bring it to life.

playpunk

How do you like the led clipping?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"my legend grows" - playpunk

lincolnic

That's a very cool look. I'll have to try it sometime!

Jakes Dad

Quote from: playpunk on December 01, 2013, 12:12:03 AM
How do you like the led clipping?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In this case they they really didn't work all that well.  Maybe just the green ones (first time using those) but the were fizzy, like that makes sense, and the 1N4001/1N4148 combo was too harsh for my tastes.  I've got a par of OA128s in the first set and BAT46s in the second now - I like those better but still may try others later.

Chuck

billstein

Quote from: jkokura on November 30, 2013, 10:25:03 PM
Love the finish on that one Chuck, and it's so clean inside too. I think I'm gonna try that sanded top with the painted sides trick sometime. I really like the look, with the matching knobs on top.

Jacob

Yep. Definitely going to have to try this look. Really nice Chuck.
Where did you get those knobs?

Jakes Dad

Quote from: billstein on December 01, 2013, 05:08:48 AM

Jacob

Thanks guys.

You know, I had other plans for the top but I'm thinking, based on the compliments, it will get a little more polish, minimal labeling and be done. 

The knobs came from Small Bear - http://www.smallbearelec.com/servlet/Detail?no=1038

Chuck

billstein

Quote from: Jakes Dad on December 01, 2013, 04:09:41 PM
Quote from: billstein on December 01, 2013, 05:08:48 AM

Jacob

Thanks guys.

You know, I had other plans for the top but I'm thinking, based on the compliments, it will get a little more polish, minimal labeling and be done. 

The knobs came from Small Bear - http://www.smallbearelec.com/servlet/Detail?no=1038

Chuck

I worked as an artist for years and one of the hardest things to know is when to stop. I've ruined some nice pieces by thinking it needed just one more thing. I think you nailed this one.

aion

Amazing! I'll be the fourth or fifth person to mention that the consistency between the knobs and the finish is awesome.