News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Big Muff OpAmp

Started by selfdestroyer, November 30, 2013, 07:05:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

selfdestroyer

Layout by Scruffie over at FSB/DIYSB. This has been in my "maybe I will finish it later" bin for more than 6 months. I have made a goal for myself to finish what I started before I build any new major projects. So here I am with another finished pedal for the board.

My number 2 favorite muff, right after the Violet Rams Head. When testing this thing I got instant Smashing Pumpkins Siamese Dream memories.

jubal81

Clean & classy. I'm digging it  8)
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

wretched

love the colours . looks great

rullywowr

I like the color and the stamp lettering.  Smashing Pumpkins worthy fuzz...that's killer!  Makes me want to play Pisces Iscariot now :).

Nice job...and with op amps, I have to check that out!

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

Stomptown

Very nice! I love that you took the time to bend the greenies over. Wait... that somehow sounds kinda dirty!  ;D

midwayfair

selfdestroyer

Thanks for the kind words people. I had a blast late last night playing with it. It just a great sounding 90's crunch.

lincolnic

Super clean! Really great build. I like the layout too!

ncdb07

I have been wanting to build one of these as well, but have a fear of it not working with EMG humbuckers as well as it would with single coils. I love the sounds achieved with this on Siamese Dreams.

I wonder if you could back off the intensity some and get a convincing Clutch sound?

ncdb07
Daniel
ncdb07
Daniel

Scruffie

Just an educated guess but I think it would work fine with actives.

Glad to see my layouts getting some use, I actually improved this one a bit a little while back for someone that wanted to use it for a small run so if someone wants it... however Bean is about to release his etchable version which is most likely (definitely) better, I did these years ago!
Works at Lectric-FX

juansolo

Most muffs are ok with active pups.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Bret608

This nails it, a Muff has to be on my to-build list for the new year!  :)

G.G.

Really came out great, and the lazy Greenies look cool in there.

billstein

Really like the look of those stamps. Is that 3PDT pcb your own design?

selfdestroyer

Quote from: billstein on December 03, 2013, 08:33:19 PM
Really like the look of those stamps. Is that 3PDT pcb your own design?

Thanks, it is. I took some of the ideas from 1776Effects 3PDT board and wanted to make one 1590A compatible and etch-able.

http://music.codydeschenes.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/3PDT-Board-Decoded-Static-TRANSFER.pdf

The traces are pretty small but I am able to make them with toner transfer method without any issues.