News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Some demo vids - Chunk Chunk & Uproar

Started by Mark_McQ, February 27, 2011, 04:14:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark_McQ

Recorded using the video mode on my digital camera, so it's only ok quality. But gives a rough idea of how the finished pedals sound.

ChunkChunk:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xihuhMW3xEc

Uproar - clip switch in the middle position, Presence mod off, Mid boost on:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzjI1n2aKlg

And a ChunkChunk with my modded Crybaby:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM_diHPwwcA

bigmufffuzzwizz

nice!! you got a crazy looking set-up! The uproar pedal sounds totally awesome!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

madbean

Awesome, thanks for sharing the videos! That's so much metal I kinda wanna punch a monkey.

I thought the Wah & CC sounded really good together.

B_of_H

your CC sounds better than mine, i'm not really all that happy with it but I don't think it's running right (can't remember what the issues were)  Mine is too muddy and noisy IIRC. 

the uproar sounds fantastic!  damn, I can't believe I missed out on those PCBs.   ::)

Quote from: madbean on February 27, 2011, 04:34:20 PM
Awesome, thanks for sharing the videos! That's so much metal I kinda wanna punch a monkey.

I laughed...great line.   :D

Mark_McQ

Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on February 27, 2011, 04:26:48 PM
nice!! you got a crazy looking set-up!

Most of it is unused just now. The G-Major sucks all the bass out when it's engaged in the loop, for some reason. Testing it tomorrow on a Marshall to see if it's the unit, or my effects loop, that's causing it.

Quote from: madbean on February 27, 2011, 04:34:20 PM
Sounds very thick and throaty. Weirdly if I run the Crybaby into the Uproar, it's barely noticable.

Quote from: B_of_H on February 27, 2011, 05:07:32 PM
your CC sounds better than mine, i'm not really all that happy with it but I don't think it's running right (can't remember what the issues were)  Mine is too muddy and noisy IIRC. 

Mine is coloured by the amp a bit. My clean channel has a gain control, so I run it on 10 to get some breakup, and then drive it more with the Chunk Chunk. I set the gain on the pedal to halfway and turn the volume up.
I find the Chunk Chunk gets very muddy with the gain higher than halfway. I experimented with some different transistors in mine and posted my findings in the mods section on here.

Ang3lus

the uproar sounds like mine, thought it was a problem with the circuit, i hear too much bass compared to several demos i seen on youtube, and seems like it has lower gain.

I know madbean compared the pedal 1:1, but still seems like it's lacking alot of brightness and not enough gain.

yomanfree

Hello
very good video ....  ;D
I've just finished to build the uproar (not yet done the enclosure), and I've exactly the same comment than Ang3lus. For the bass, I think that using the mods proposed by madbean it can be (at least partially) handle (I've done several trials using diferent capa which let me think it is possible).
But for the gain, it is really lower compared to the riot if we base our judgement on youtube video. I think that the uproar with the gain pushed to the maximum is somewhat equivalent to the riot gain at 12H ...
it exists a mod to improve this point ?
Thks