News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Where to find best Enclosure prices Canada?

Started by wretched, November 24, 2013, 05:43:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davent

I bet you don't have loonies or toonies either. Seems to be a need for a pet name for everything around here.

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

wretched

might try PPP for a green enclosure. Seems like they are the tops for paint jobs.

jkokura

Quote from: davent on November 25, 2013, 04:04:57 AM
I bet you don't have loonies or toonies either. Seems to be a need for a pet name for everything around here.

dave

To clarify, what Dave is saying is that not only do we have Nickels (5cent pieces) here in Canada, we also have Loonies, which is a one dollar coin with the nickname of 'Loonie' because of the image of a bird called a Loon on it, and 'Toonies'  so named after the two dollar coins which came after. So, our smallest denomination of bill is a 5. My earlier post is also true - Canada got rid of the 1cent coin, the Penny, just this past year. Our lowest coin is now the Nickel, worth 1/20th of a dollar.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

GermanCdn

Quote from: jkokura on November 25, 2013, 05:19:41 AM

dave

To clarify, what Dave is saying is that not only do we have Nickels (5cent pieces) here in Canada, we also have Loonies, which is a one dollar coin with the nickname of 'Loonie' because of the image of a bird called a Loon on it, and 'Toonies'  so named after the two dollar coins which came after. So, our smallest denomination of bill is a 5. My earlier post is also true - Canada got rid of the 1cent coin, the Penny, just this past year. Our lowest coin is now the Nickel, worth 1/20th of a dollar.

Jacob

While the rest of the province is out running around in the snow with watermelons on their heads and drinking Pilsener, Jacob takes the time to explain the idiosyncracies of the Canadian currency system.  What a guy.

To clarify my previous post, I wasn't in any way endorsing Mammoth enclosures, not really a fan of theirs, but free shipping almost makes up for it.  Almost.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

alanp

Sorry, it's just weird to hear nicknames... for coins. We just have 10c, 20c, 50c, $1, $2 coins, and they all get called what their monetary value is :)

I expect Americans probably call their 20 cent pieces something weird like onions or camels or something.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

rullywowr

Quote from: alanp on November 25, 2013, 08:02:58 AM
Sorry, it's just weird to hear nicknames... for coins. We just have 10c, 20c, 50c, $1, $2 coins, and they all get called what their monetary value is :)

I expect Americans probably call their 20 cent pieces something weird like onions or camels or something.

If we had 20c pieces we might call them "fifths" as we call our 25c "quarters" but that would be easily confused with a measure of a bottle of hard liquor. :)

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

wretched

[/quote]If we had 20c pieces we might call them "fifths" as we call our 25c "quarters" but that would be easily confused with a measure of a bottle of hard liquor. :)
[/quote]

We call the half bottles of booze "Mickies" then we have the 2L bottle called a Texas  Huh.. never realized how much of a toon town vibe Canada has lol.

jkokura

To clarify, when Curtis mentions "running around in the snow with watermelons on their heads drinking Pilsner," he is referring to the fact that last night (Sunday the 24th) was the Grey Cup, in which the Saskatchewan Rough Riders, Canada's most loved Football team, defeated the Hamilton Tiger Cats in an epic beatdown, which meant that much of the country, specifically the Province I live in, Saskatchewan, would spend the evening celebrating. The Watermelons refers to head gear sometimes worn by Riders fans (their colour is a distinctive Green), and Pilsner is well known to the be a very popular beer in Saskatchewan and of Rider fans in general.

The reason I wasn't acting like a fool because my favorite team is the Toronto Argonauts (Argos) and they weren't playing. I was half heartedly cheering for the Ti-Cats because I cheer for underdogs naturally.

Oski Wewe, Oski WaWa. Holy Macanaw.

Jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*

GermanCdn

Quote from: jkokura on November 25, 2013, 04:30:48 PM
To clarify, when Curtis mentions "running around in the snow with watermelons on their heads drinking Pilsner," he is referring to the fact that last night (Sunday the 24th) was the Grey Cup, in which the Saskatchewan Rough Riders, Canada's most despised Football team, defeated the Hamilton Tiger Cats in a game where the fix was in months ago, due to the Riders only winning a cup every 25 years in an eight team league and needing to keep the franchise viable, which meant that much of the country, specifically the Province I live in, Saskatchewan, would spend the evening making romantic gestures towards their sisters. The Watermelons refers to head gear worn year round by Riders fans (their colour is a distinctive Green), and Pilsner is well known to the be a terrible beer only consumed in Saskatchewan and of Rider fans in general.

The reason I wasn't acting like a fool because my favorite team is the Toronto Argonauts (Argos) and they weren't playing. I was half heartedly cheering for the Ti-Cats because I cheer for underdogs naturally.

Oski Wewe, Oski WaWa. Holy Macanaw.  Way to crap the bed.

Jacob

Corrected for accuracy.  I too was cheering for the Cats, though I was sure they wouldn't win, as in my hierarchy of teams I can't cheer for, the only way I can cheer for the riders is if they are playing the Als.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

davent

Quote from: jkokura on November 25, 2013, 04:30:48 PM
To clarify, when Curtis mentions "running around in the snow with watermelons on their heads drinking Pilsner," he is referring to the fact that last night (Sunday the 24th) was the Grey Cup, in which the Saskatchewan Rough Riders, Canada's most loved Football team, defeated the Hamilton Tiger Cats in an epic beatdown, which meant that much of the country, specifically the Province I live in, Saskatchewan, would spend the evening celebrating. The Watermelons refers to head gear sometimes worn by Riders fans (their colour is a distinctive Green), and Pilsner is well known to the be a very popular beer in Saskatchewan and of Rider fans in general.

Oski Wewe, Oski WaWa. Holy Macanaw.

Jacob

... Tigers, eat em raw! Phew annihalated...

We can't forget dimes (10¢) and quarters (25¢) oh and double doubles, yech!

Canadiana eh...
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

jkokura

JMK PCBs *New Website*

wretched

almost Daily I bring up "Bob and Doug Mckenzie" as an example name on documents at work lol.

davent

Quote from: GermanCdn on November 25, 2013, 06:22:56 AM
Quote from: jkokura on November 25, 2013, 05:19:41 AM

dave

Jacob

While the rest of the province is out running around in the snow with watermelons on their heads and drinking Pilsener, Jacob takes the time to explain the idiosyncracies of the Canadian currency system.  What a guy.

GermanCdn

Dave wins the internet for the day.  Also succeeds in lowering the standards for Canadians on this board....

Another reason I'm not a rider fan.....

davent

That photo popped on an Alberta related forum and is not taken from the third and still unviewed Rob Ford video.