News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Etched board little problems!

Started by Gledison, November 23, 2013, 03:30:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gledison

Sorry this post is related with my last one but there wasnt much views and i really need assistence on this:)
After etched, the little 'crispy' points let by the tone transfer resulted in spots on the pcb! You can see better on the picture! Is this a big problem?
Thanks for any help!
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?

jimilee

Quote from: Gledison on November 23, 2013, 03:30:42 PM
Sorry this post is related with my last one but there wasnt much views and i really need assistence on this:)
After etched, the little 'crispy' points let by the tone transfer resulted in spots on the pcb! You can see better on the picture! Is this a big problem?
Thanks for any help!
Was it just on the ground plane?
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Gledison

Quote from: jimilee on November 23, 2013, 03:39:59 PM
Quote from: Gledison on November 23, 2013, 03:30:42 PM
Thanks for any help!
Was it just on the ground plane?
Sorry Jimmi, what do u mean?

croquet hoop

Quote from: Gledison on November 23, 2013, 03:30:42 PMIs this a big problem?

Use your multimeter to check for shorts or breaks in conductance. If there are some, yes, there is a problem. If there are none, you are fine.

Gledison

Quote from: croquet hoop on November 23, 2013, 04:07:24 PM
Quote from: Gledison on November 23, 2013, 03:30:42 PMIs this a big problem?

Use your multimeter to check for shorts or breaks in conductance. If there are some, yes, there is a problem. If there are none, you are fine.
Well, i already did that! The cinductivity between 2 pads and the ground is ok! Only if i scratch the areas with the small dots i can hear that there is no conductivity! Thats my question, would this uneven track(with conductivity) bring some trouble?
Thanks for helping

Ettore_M

I can't see clearly what kind of spots are they, but if it's what I think, they will not cause a problem! I would just rub the board with thin wire or sandpaper. If, then, you have a clear copper surface, you are just fine! ;)

Hector
" I would first try what I call The American Approach, which is simply this: "If X is good, then 2X simply HAS TO BE twice as good."  ;D "
- Culturejam

Gledison

Quote from: Ettore_M on November 23, 2013, 04:46:48 PM
I can't see clearly what kind of spots are they, but if it's what I think, they will not cause a problem! I would just rub the board with thin wire or sandpaper. If, then, you have a clear copper surface, you are just fine! ;)

Hector
Hey Hector! It got much better after rubbing with steel wires! Im pretty sure that are very little spots that weren't protected by the tone, and during the etching is not totally etched but indeed oxidised!
Thanks for the tip!

wolfingsworth

Anytime I have a poorly etched (or broken) trace, if it works, I'll try and leave the end of the component lead long and just connect it to where it needs to go (like perfboard). Although it seems like a failure sometimes if the etch doesn't come out perfect, the layout is there and  if it works in the end, who cares right? Happy soldering!

Ettore_M

Quote from: Gledison on November 23, 2013, 05:16:37 PM
Hey Hector! It got much better after rubbing with steel wires! Im pretty sure that are very little spots that weren't protected by the tone, and during the etching is not totally etched but indeed oxidised!
Thanks for the tip!
You're welcome! :) This has happened to me a couple of times, and I tried the steel wire and it did its job very well. ;)

Hector
" I would first try what I call The American Approach, which is simply this: "If X is good, then 2X simply HAS TO BE twice as good."  ;D "
- Culturejam