News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Vendor Issues

Started by jingyjangy, November 23, 2013, 02:21:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jingyjangy

Just curious, but is anyone having issues with parts orders from Mammoth?

jimilee

Not yet, but rarely do I order from them since their whole Black Friday fiasco last year.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

croquet hoop

Every few months, a thread pops to ask if someone esle has been having problems with Mammoth. So yeah, it happens.

jingyjangy

Not yet, but rarely do I order from them since their whole Black Friday fiasco last year.

Black Friday fiasco? I wasn't aware of that - due tell.

bcalla

I don't think I ever had a problem with them.  I just placed orders with Mammoth & Small Bear on 11/11 - neither had everything I needed.  Both shipped on the 13th,  Small Bear's arrived on Saturday the 16th and Mammoth's arrived on Monday the 18th.  The only problem I had was Small Bear emailed me somebody else's tracking number so I watched what I thought was my order get delivered to the wrong coast.

pickdropper

Mammoth does have a greater number of errors than other vendors I've used.  It's a shame really as Blake and Isaak are both really nice people.

I'm actually surprised they haven't found a way to fix it.  It must cost the a small fortune in free shipping and replacement parts.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

jingyjangy

Up til just recently I never had a problem with Mammoth. The last order I placed was on 11/4. I forgot about the order for a couple of weeks - got busy with other projects. When I checked my order status on 11/18 it still was listed as "processing". I sent an e-mail on 11/18 then again on 11/19 inquiring about the status but received no response. I called on 11/20 and after a couple of tries got through to a sales rep. who informed me that 1 of my items was on backorder and that the whole order was being held up. The backordered item would not be in for another 2-3 weeks. In the meantime I realized that I needed a couple of additional items which the sales rep added to my order and I requested he send the order with the additional items and ship the backorder when it comes in. It's now 11/23 and I still haven't recieved any shipping info!
Taken as a whole I'm just a little concerned as well as a little anxious, OK - alot anxious. You know when you've got 4 new sweet builds that you just can't wait to play with but...
Pedal builder anxiety!  :P

jimilee

Quote from: jingyjangy on November 23, 2013, 04:33:58 PM

Black Friday fiasco? I wasn't aware of that - due tell.
year they had a rather large sell with free shipping if memory serves, they got just covered up with orders and mine ended up taking about a month. Customer service was sorely lacking in that they got back to me and promised to fix the issue and my order would be sent right out but it wasn't. I suppose these things a happen, live and learn. I still order from them but rarely. But yeah if you do a search you'll find these threads pop up every couple of
Months.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Shrtyska9

I put an order in with them 2 days ago.

Last time I ordered from them I didn't have any problems. One of the cap values I ordered was back ordered but it only added a couple days to the wait time.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Richard

jimilee

It's not every time, generally they are fantastic. If you order enough from anyone, I suppose you'll have issues. It's like eating sushi everyday, odds are you're gonna get a bad roll eventually.

jkokura

Quote from: jimilee on November 23, 2013, 08:52:02 PM
It's not every time, generally they are fantastic. If you order enough from anyone, I suppose you'll have issues. It's like eating sushi everyday, odds are you're gonna get a bad roll eventually.

Except that with Mammoth the report seems to be higher than average mistakes, and often times people's first orders cause them not to make a second.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind Mammoth's staff. However, I try not to purchase there because I don't find them reliable.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

pryde

Yes I gave up on them after 3 orders in a row had problems. I haven't ordered from them since last year and don't plan to unless I hear they are turning things around.

pickdropper

I've mostly stopped ordering because I nearly always have issues.

I still occasionally order their teal 3PDTs because I like the actuation.  The last batch I got were corroded (2nd time that's happened) and the replacements didn't have as nice of an actuation.  I'll probably give them one more shot with the 3PDTs.  If they are like the last batch, I'll likely be done with those as well.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

lincolnic

Quote from: bcalla on November 23, 2013, 04:41:59 PM
I don't think I ever had a problem with them.  I just placed orders with Mammoth & Small Bear on 11/11 - neither had everything I needed.  Both shipped on the 13th,  Small Bear's arrived on Saturday the 16th and Mammoth's arrived on Monday the 18th.  The only problem I had was Small Bear emailed me somebody else's tracking number so I watched what I thought was my order get delivered to the wrong coast.

The one order I've made from Mammoth to date, they accidentally shipped me someone else's order first.

Stomptown

Quote from: pickdropper on November 24, 2013, 12:15:45 AM
I've mostly stopped ordering because I nearly always have issues.

I still occasionally order their teal 3PDTs because I like the actuation.  The last batch I got were corroded (2nd time that's happened) and the replacements didn't have as nice of an actuation.  I'll probably give them one more shot with the 3PDTs.  If they are like the last batch, I'll likely be done with those as well.

I'm with you here! I have found Mammoth less necessary since I learned to use mouser. Between Small Bear, mouser and Tayda I am usually covered; except for 3PDT's! Pedal Parts Plus does carry the black Alphas for a pretty good price, but I rarely use them since I etch most of my enclosures. Plus I'm not really sure how reliable the Alpha 3PDT's are. Anyone know much about these?

http://www.pedalpartsplus.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PPP&Product_Code=9015&Category_Code=SWI