News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Surftron III+ (Nautilus)

Started by Guitarmageddon, November 18, 2013, 07:40:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guitarmageddon

Nautilus, Mutron III+

Water's a tricky etch, but I tried to capture the dynamics of the moment.

Sorry about the focus. :oops:
Stock build, but a C-taper pot for gain

Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com

hoodoo

Ben, the detail you get in your etches is unbelievable mate, you can clearly  make out the face of that dude, not you is it? Have you got a good source in Oz for those vactrols, i'm about to start a nautilus build myself, thanks, Matt.

Guitarmageddon

Thanks Matt.
If that was my face the mouth and eyes would be wide open in joy and terror.  ;D
I usually go with Small Bear for the vactrols, they have some "no-name" ones which are a bit cheaper. I have a spare pair if you want to save the shipping. ;)
Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com

gtangas

spaceboss

The COD-TONE is so deep. Did you etch both the picture and the logo at the same time?

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Guitarmageddon

Quote from: spaceboss on November 20, 2013, 02:20:48 AM
The COD-TONE is so deep. Did you etch both the picture and the logo at the same time?
Yes, both at the same time. The darkest part of the wave is about the same depth as the letters. The image was virtually all greys so the edges don't look as defined as the type.

Knobs are from Mammoth, though the set screw strips the plastic insert easily in this second batch I've just received, which is a bit disappointing.
I can't remember where I found the silver chicken heads, ebay I think.
Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com

pickdropper

I noticed the same thing on some knobs I got from Mammoth.  The old version was all machined metal, the new version is much cheaper with a plastic insert.  Disappointing as I like those knobs.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper