Started by madbean, November 15, 2013, 02:15:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanp

"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

juansolo

It'd be a bit of a 'mare, but incorporating the new +12/-12v (or even better if it can be regged to -15/-15v) road rage (would have to test it to make sure it worked as well as the 12v feed) and adding the anti-RFI caps, you could do an all-inclusive Maestro PS-1A...
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

madbean

Quote from: alanp on December 15, 2013, 04:24:00 AM
Is it?

Hahahaha. Sicko. yes, it is a little sword. I named the project so just for Jacob.

jkokura

Quote from: madbean on December 15, 2013, 03:02:05 PM
Quote from: alanp on December 15, 2013, 04:24:00 AM
Is it?

Hahahaha. Sicko. yes, it is a little sword. I named the project so just for Jacob.

IT'S SO AWESOME I'M GONNA DIE!!!!

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

m-Kresol

I'd really like to build a reverb! Anything of that sort would be great. I quite fancy the EHX cathedral, but I guess that would be too hard to build. ;)
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

madbean

Did I forget to list the reverb? There will be two. One Belton and one fv-1.

alanp

Working on a Dead Astronaut Chasm verb atm, but a FV-1 reverb sounds dead fascinating to me :D
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

selfdestroyer

Quote from: alanp on December 16, 2013, 03:42:03 AM
Working on a Dead Astronaut Chasm verb atm, but a FV-1 reverb sounds dead fascinating to me :D

I'm on the fence about doing a Dead Astronaut Chasm. I was hoping he would release the schematics so someone can take a crack at a better laid out PCB. The off-board wiring seems to be a nightmare for a clean build.

madbean

This is the FV-1 utility board. It's mono and goes in a 1590B. Obviously, you gotta make some choices as to whether or not you are going to use more than one effect, hence you need a switch of some type. It's got the EEPROM there, or you can use the canned FV-1 chip to make a reverb or something.

Haberdasher

mysterioso sr?  i always kinda wanted to build one of those.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

m-Kresol

I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

madbean

Quote from: Haberdasher on December 17, 2013, 01:16:06 AM

What I'm doing instead is a new project called the Mysterion. It uses the Blackstone as basic topology, but with many changes/mods/few improvements. Plus, it is two channel with a real boost. I'm going to work on verifying it ASAP. On paper, it looks right on. I already have a board etched...

Haberdasher

Quote from: madbean on December 18, 2013, 01:55:06 AM
Quote from: Haberdasher on December 17, 2013, 01:16:06 AM
What I'm doing instead is a new project called the Mysterion. It uses the Blackstone as basic topology, but with many changes/mods/few improvements. Plus, it is two channel with a real boost. I'm going to work on verifying it ASAP. On paper, it looks right on. I already have a board etched...
Ah yes, I saw that listed but didn't know if it was something new entirely.
The Mysterioso is probably the least popular od on the discontinued list.  Crazy, because it happens to be one of the very best imho.  I'll look forward to taking a look at the Mysterion then.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

jubal81

Glad I saw this. Just stuffed a Mysterioso and I think I'll just hold off on boxing it up.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

madbean

I decided there should be two Sunking layouts. The one I showed earlier has some mods and the knob layout is like the original Klon. This one is 100% original circuit (no mods) and has a vertical layout instead. Both should accept top mounted jacks.

Actually, the second one happened because I forgot I already did the first one. Which is not surprising, considering how many layouts I've done in the last three weeks.