News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Your suggestions for etching projects

Started by madbean, November 15, 2013, 02:15:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Govmnt_Lacky

Im guessing that the Q1 is a voltage regulator  8)

madbean

Quote from: kothoma on November 24, 2013, 07:39:43 AM
Quote from: alanp on November 24, 2013, 07:01:55 AM
[...] what is the fet stuff on the left? [...]

Q1+R2 could be for polarity protection (p-channel mosfet (BS250) + 1M).

Bingo. I've been using this a lot lately and it works great. Voltage drop is very very small. I'm only putting this arrangement in pos ground circuits (with n-channel mosfet) and stuff with charge pumps for the MBP projects, though. Other ones are just a zener in line with +9v. Actually, I'm using the same power scheme for ALL the projects pretty much. The zener, and 100uF and 100n caps to ground for decoupling.

Here's another "extra project" that never got released. I'm pretty proud of this layout...it took 5 tries to get it right. It's a PT2399 based chorus.

Ettore_M

Quote from: kothoma on November 24, 2013, 07:39:43 AM
Quote from: alanp on November 24, 2013, 07:01:55 AM
[...] what is the fet stuff on the left? [...]

Q1+R2 could be for polarity protection (p-channel mosfet (BS250) + 1M).
Oooohh! That's an awesome little circuit! Just checked it out on the interwebs! Pretty amazing!
Really small voltage drop and wasted power!
Thanks, kothoma and bean!  :)

Hector
" I would first try what I call The American Approach, which is simply this: "If X is good, then 2X simply HAS TO BE twice as good."  ;D "
- Culturejam

madbean

I think we'll do a Phase90, but not as a single sided layout. I don't think I'm going to do a better one that what's out there. But, I got a nice compact double sided layout going. I'm thinking of adding on a transistor matcher circuit to this...as a breakaway. That would be pretty rad.

NOM stands for Normal/Open/Max (or min) and is a feedback switch.

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

pickdropper

Quote from: jimilee on November 25, 2013, 02:50:16 AM
And I would totally buy it.

It's a phaser, it's a given that you'll be first in line.  :-)
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

madbean

And some more. Getting pretty closed to finishing up the whole batch. About a dozen left to do.

rullywowr

Kinda like Pokemon..."gotta etch 'em all"

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

selfdestroyer

Brian, you going to release the whole batch at once and stand back and watch the madness?

pedalman

Quote from: selfdestroyer on November 26, 2013, 06:51:42 PM
Brian, you going to release the whole batch at once and stand back and watch the madness?
LOL.... to bad he don't have a storefront. It would be better than Black Friday !
I mod cheap guitars because my local music store said not to.

ggarms

I'm guessing a big drop all at once will give fx a nice set of wings!

madbean

Yup, I'm going to take great pleasure in blowing people's minds with the shear volume.

Another fun one.

rullywowr

I was populating the grease gun tonight and pretty much snarfed my cold beverage when I saw the middle knob on the silk was labeled "TOAN" :)

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

billstein

Quote from: madbean on November 27, 2013, 05:15:31 AM

Yup, I'm going to take great pleasure in blowing people's minds with the shear volume.

I just squealed like a little girl.

madbean

A bass distortion made specially for mister jimillee  ;D