News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

No-color LED mod gcb-95 wah

Started by Nate77, November 12, 2013, 11:10:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nate77

I recently took my way apart and put a number of mods on this little bad boy and it is MUCH smoother and more vocal. I've made this thing true bypass and am putting an LED in it but I want to use a bi-color LED. Not totally sure how to wire it although I know it's pretty straightforward. I opted to throw it out here instead of trial and error on my own. Any help in much appreciated.

Nate77

I meant BI-color LED by phone must have auto corrected it...

rullywowr

Well, a bi-color LED has two colors.  How would you want the colors to be triggered?  Perhaps red=off and green=on?

A bi-color led is either common anode (+) or common cathode(-).  Both have three legs.  If you replace your switch with a 3PDT, you can do true bypass and also use the last row of legs to trigger the two colors for on/off.

A common cathode LED means you would tie the cathode to ground (with the appropriate resistor) and then put your +9v to the center lug on a row of your 3PDT.  The other two legs would go to #1 and #3 spots on the switch.  Each color would then be switched when the 3PDT is toggled.

A common anode LED means you would tie the anode to +9V (with the appropriate resistor) and then put your GND to the center lug on a row of your 3PDT.  The other two legs would go to #1 and #3 spots on the switch.  Each color would then be switched when the 3PDT is toggled.

Glad to help you with the wiring, but first you need to grab the LED you are going to use (or at least order it).

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

Nate77

I had the led on hand. I appreciate your help. I have a tendency toile things more complicated than they are. I did some research and found most of the answer and you helpe clear it up for me. Thanks for the reply man. I've learned more in a month on this forum than 6 months elsewhere. Appreciated.