News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The Diapason (MB Low Rider)

Started by das234, November 12, 2013, 02:11:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

das234

Just finished my Low Rider and, having been uninspired by any graphics for "Low Rider", I decided to go with alcohol inks and call it The Diapason.  It was my first time using alcohol inks and i think it looks good.  Still deciding on what knobs to use.  I tried the high octave boost mod but it got TOO fuzzy so I switched it to stock.  This pedal is really about the low octaves anyway. 

Bret608

Looks really cool! Still needing to box mine. I haven't settled on a color or knobs exactly.

I was able to get a good mid-point between too aggressive and too buried on the upper octave by using 1n/10n rather than the stock 10n/33n combination or the modded 1n only setup. It could be worth trying. Then again, I agree it's all about the lower octaves. In front of a fuzz it sounds gargantuan.

jprizz

Nice ink finish, looks really cool.

wstimson

Quote from: Bret608 on November 12, 2013, 02:46:30 PM
I was able to get a good mid-point between too aggressive and too buried on the upper octave by using 1n/10n rather than the stock 10n/33n combination or the modded 1n only setup. It could be worth trying. Then again, I agree it's all about the lower octaves. In front of a fuzz it sounds gargantuan.

I did this same thing and am pretty happy with it. 
I think I also subbed in some 1N34As as noted in the mods section of the build docs. 
Sounds pretty righteous.

Good looking build, man.

Thomas_H

I like the blue PCB / green cap looks. Too bad you dont see it from the outside :-)
DIY-PCBs and projects:

Bret608

Quote from: wstimson on November 12, 2013, 09:57:19 PM
Quote from: Bret608 on November 12, 2013, 02:46:30 PM

I did this same thing and am pretty happy with it. 
I think I also subbed in some 1N34As as noted in the mods section of the build docs. 
Sounds pretty righteous.

Good looking build, man.

I did this too--forgot to mention it. das234, I think it looks like you used 1n34a for D1 and D2 also. If you socketed the caps in question you could give it a try!

das234

Yeah, I think I did that too.  Forgot about that.  It's got a nice sound now when you blend the octaves together.  And you're right, it rocks with the Fozzaround!

das234

Quote from: Thomas_H on November 13, 2013, 08:19:44 AM
I like the blue PCB / green cap looks. Too bad you dont see it from the outside :-)

Hmmm.  Clear acrylic enclosure??