News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Opinion needed on graphics.. :S

Started by Gledison, November 09, 2013, 05:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gledison

Hey guys! I had this nice purple enclosure and printed my layout in yellow on a transparent slide! It looked quite ok. Than i decided to print the waterslide decal! I managed to print twice in the same spot in order to emphasize the yellow collor!
BUT after applying the decal ,  the result is not so great. I know that dark enclosures are difficult wit transparent decal! Please take a look and give me your comments! Shall i change and try a white collor on silkscreen? ( lot of work :( )
Thanks for the comments! All kind of it!
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?

jkokura

Not sure what you should do persay. However, that's really hard to see on the enclosure. You'd be better off going with black and some sort of bright colour as an outline or something.

jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

juansolo

On an enclosure that dark you're pretty much stuck with black if you want to see it.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Gledison

Hi Jacob,
Ive tried black but ia even worse! My easist option i think is to get a white marker and draw over the decal! The prob is that i dint have a still handwriting! I knew i shouldnt start drinking so early :S

jimilee

Yeah, often I outline. I think this looks great. If you are going to use it yourself and not try to sell it., leave it the way it is. I have a few I've done like that and as a matter of fact I'm working in another right now.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

das234

Another option to get closer to the look you want:
1) paint the top of the enclosure white
2) add a dark purple background to your label graphic
3) apply the water slide as usual. 

The white makes the yellow show up and the dark purple background should blend with the rest of the enclosure.

Gledison

Quote from: das234 on November 09, 2013, 07:30:16 PM
Another option to get closer to the look you want:
1) paint the top of the enclosure white
2) add a dark purple background to your label graphic
3) apply the water slide as usual. 

The white makes the yellow show up and the dark purple background should blend with the rest of the enclosure.
Hey mate, ive tried this with other enclosure and was very difficult to match the same bacground collor!
It cannot be seen in the pic but its a powder coated purple candy! Thats why i wanted to use a transparent decal!
Ive tried black but is even worse! I will try next ro add another decal on the top of it and see hiw it looks!
Thanka guys for the suggestions!

jimilee

You know, what I would so is go to the web site of whomever powder coated it and sample the color with whatever graphics program you're using. I had to go to rust oleum web site to get a color match for some brown paint I was using with white waterslide, and I didn't need any part if it to be white.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Gledison

Quote from: jimilee on November 09, 2013, 09:28:19 PM
You know, what I would so is go to the web site of whomever powder coated it and sample the color with whatever graphics program you're using. I had to go to rust oleum web site to get a color match for some brown paint I was using with white waterslide, and I didn't need any part if it to be white.
hey jimmi,
I've tried this one with a red enclosure and was a pita to match the collor on the monitor with the final printed one. For flat colours I think would be easier. the one I have has a kind of prismatic effect and when I find some sample on google, it always has some schade effect..
lesson learned, no more dark enclosures...heheh

Cortexturizer

About having difficulties matching the color on the monitor with the printed one - change the color scheme to CMYK. Most programs work with RGB as a default but the picture gets printed in cmyk thus the difference. At least a dude at the printing store explained it to me like that, might not be the case with you. But I've always made the coversion since and all is well
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

Gledison

Quote from: Cortexturizer on November 09, 2013, 10:30:32 PM
About having difficulties matching the color on the monitor with the printed one - change the color scheme to CMYK. Most programs work with RGB as a default but the picture gets printed in cmyk thus the difference. At least a dude at the printing store explained it to me like that, might not be the case with you. But I've always made the coversion since and all is well
I will try, thanks!
Just need to find the bloody purple candy collor!:(

aballen

You can always label it Wii a paint pen.

bcalla

On dark enclosures I use vinyl sticker paper - I would think white decals would also work.

On my purple enclosure I knew I couldn't match the color, but I also knew it would only be obvious to me.  However, to make it less noticeable, I decided to use a lighter contrasting color for the background and use a little purple here and there.  Cover it all with some clear with metal flake...

Stomptown

How about laser engraving? If there is a local trophy ship they should have one. It might cost a bit but it looks great...

Gledison

Quote from: Stomptown on November 10, 2013, 08:29:59 PM
How about laser engraving? If there is a local trophy ship they should have one. It might cost a bit but it looks great...
hey mate. actually there is one close by here. I will take a look. Do you have any pictures of such engraving? I believe it will than show up the aluminium colour through the purple right?
cheers