News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Autocad Stompbox Drawings

Started by Gilmourisgod, November 05, 2013, 01:43:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gilmourisgod

I found an ancient (Acad R12) set of 2d stompbox pedal symbols and standard enclosure sizes on an old DIY Stompbox forum, anybody know anything more current? I work with Acad 2013, so if anyone can hook me up with a link to some Cad drawings for stompbox layout, much appreciated.

GhostofJohnToad

If you go to the Hammond Enclosures website you can download iges or step files of their enclosures.  I've used those as a starting point for layouts on occasion.  I believe all versions of AutoCAD import at least iges.

DutchMF

Quote from: GhostofJohnToad on November 05, 2013, 03:21:33 AM
If you go to the Hammond Enclosures website you can download iges or step files of their enclosures.  I've used those as a starting point for layouts on occasion.  I believe all versions of AutoCAD import at least iges.

They also have dwg's  :)  The IGES and STEP formats can both be imported in the 2013 ACAD version as solids/blocks, but are 3D, so you'd have to model the rest of your buid as well. Since I bought me a new computer, I've been toying around a bit with that, but it's a lot of work (and for me it feels like work, because I work with ACAD for my job a lot.), so I think I will only use it to plan particularly tight builds.

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

Gilmourisgod

Thanks All, i may just draw some standard parts myself and post them if anyone else wants them.

DutchMF

Quote from: Gilmourisgod on November 05, 2013, 06:44:00 PM
Thanks All, i may just draw some standard parts myself and post them if anyone else wants them.

I have 3D models of pots, resistors, box caps and electros already done if you want, drop me a pm, cause a WeTransfer might be in order. Nice to meet a fellow ACAD user!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"