News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Russian tranny surprise :P

Started by Gledison, November 03, 2013, 03:32:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gledison

Heyyyyyyyyyyyy, is not what u are thinking about !!! :P
just got a couple of Russian Germanium 1T108V trannies and i cannot find the pinnout scheme.
one of the pins seems to be attached directly to the enclosure and the other 2 have a small black dot where the pins come out of it...
any help?
cheers mates!
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?

davent

I usually just keep plugging the transistor into the Hfe socket of my DMM in it's various configurations until i get i reading then note which pins are which. My meter has a row of holes labeled E_B_C_E, i've started putting four sockets arranged as noted on some of my pcb layouts so i can plug in transistors with the various pinouts without having to contort the leads to conform.

dave

edit also found this. Has the pinouts, i searched ebay for GT108v.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Transistors-germanium-GT108V-2N220-USSR-Lot-of-22-pcs-/131027540767?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e81d99b1f

"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

alanp

Bear in mind that DMM's don't read Ge gain correctly, due to leakage. I'm looking forward to my DCA55 turning up :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Gledison

Thanks! I manage to get the pin outs at the end! Cheers

twin1965

The pin connected to the case is the base. Make sure nothing touches the transistor as it might cause a short.

These are great little transistors. I've got quite a few of them in different hfe values and very very low leakage.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Gledison

Quote from: twin1965 on November 03, 2013, 06:20:31 PM
The pin connected to the case is the base. Make sure nothing touches the transistor as it might cause a short.

These are great little transistors. I've got quite a few of them in different hfe values and very very low leakage.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Yes! Now im measuring them and rhey have indeed very low leakage! The Hfe are around 70-80!
Ive got the tip from Chredpjere

culturejam

Quote from: alanp on November 03, 2013, 04:19:57 PM
Bear in mind that DMM's don't read Ge gain correctly, due to leakage. I'm looking forward to my DCA55 turning up

The DCA can't read some of the Russians correctly because of an internal shunt resistor. But it will say that on the readout, so you'll know which ones.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

garfo

Those are good transistors.You will have to twist one of the outer leads to the inside because it has a different configuration.I did it with my dmm.
Try twisting the legs and testing the measurement until you find the readings and you're good to go
Quote from: Gledison on November 03, 2013, 03:32:36 PM
Heyyyyyyyyyyyy, is not what u are thinking about !!! :P
just got a couple of Russian Germanium 1T108V trannies and i cannot find the pinnout scheme.
one of the pins seems to be attached directly to the enclosure and the other 2 have a small black dot where the pins come out of it...
any help?
cheers mates!

chromesphere

Another extinct Russian im afraid to say.  I remember Orpheus used to sell these about $20 for 100. I still have an unopened box. :D
The legs are base collector emitter reading from left to right looking at the bottom of the transistor.  Base is connected to the transistor housing.  Be careful how you handle / insert them.  They can die pretty easily.
Edit: look at that date, 1992!

Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

Gledison

Quote from: chromesphere on November 05, 2013, 10:52:08 AM
Another extinct Russian im afraid to say.  I remember Orpheus used to sell these about $20 for 100. I still have an unopened box. :D
The legs are base collector emitter reading from left to right looking at the bottom of the transistor.  Base is connected to the transistor housing.  Be careful how you handle / insert them.  They can die pretty easily.
Edit: look at that date, 1992!
Hey Paul, i've found the pins orientation by chance in one of your videos! Allways helpfull!
The ones ive found dated from 1975 and a Ucranian friend found in some small shop over there, unfortunatly only 13 trannies! They all measure around 70 hfe with 20uA leakage! No high hfes thou..

chromesphere

That's strange Gledison, must be a different version or something?  all the Orpheus GT108V's I've tested range between approx. high 40's to into the 100-120 mark, with maybe, 5 in 100 in the 120-140 mark. 

I like the fact that they are so small.  When you try and squeeze 3 x GT402V's into a 1590b you'll know why :D

Paul
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube