News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Space Warrior & Space Patrol... 1, 2, 3 multi-effects, mwahahaha!

Started by juansolo, November 02, 2013, 10:52:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

As it's number two (of three), it's a little better laid out than mine. You can't really see it but I shuffled things around ever so slightly to make it all fit like a glove.

Edited to add Cleggy's

Some in progress shots to see what it's like underneath

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

jubal81

I was about to say what a beautiful and tidy masterpiece this is - until I noticed the carbon and metal film resistors aren't perfectly alternating and it ruined the whole thing.

Seriously, though, brilliant work, sir.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

croquet hoop

Those multi builds you put out are incredible. Four boards, four switches, yet it's super clean inside.

Which variant of the BMP is it? I think I can see three 2SC1327, are you still able to get some in the right hfe range?

juansolo

I suspect we're using up the last of our stash with these builds of the 2SCs in the 500+ hfe range. Blokey we got them from on ebay still has them listed but doesn't want to talk to us regarding us buying all his remaining stock (he sold us 40 last time). Which is annoying as we'd have the lot at the discount he did us the 40 for. As for the Fuzz, it's an UltraStoner.

It took a lot of planning to get the layout just right for this one. The first took ages to get right just planning and shuffling before it was even built. Then when it was the reverb was a little tight (a bit of filing had to take place there) and the stomps aren't perfectly lined up. But you only really learn that from building. It all goes in perfectly now and these have come together in about a week.

gingataff

pickdropper

The outsides look great as always, but it's the wiring that impresses me most on these.

Just curious how you came up with the effect order.  I would've expected the phaser to come before the delay.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

juansolo

Quote from: pickdropper on November 03, 2013, 03:48:14 PM
Just curious how you came up with the effect order.  I would've expected the phaser to come before the delay.

We expected it to work as you did. But we strung all the effects together and the delay just sounded a lot better before the phaser for the effect we were trying to get... Which is essentially the sort of thing My Sleeping Karma do a lot.

About 2 mins in to this will give you an idea (essentially the delay, phaser and reverb on nail this):