News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Noob problems - mangler build finished pedal doesn't work

Started by avidgrim, November 02, 2013, 08:59:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GermanCdn

Yeah, the road rage is your best option at this point, it'll be cheaper than buying a dedicated power supply for the mangler and make less of a mess on your board.  ALternately, just fill the hole with the DC jack and don't connect it to the board and just run off battery.  Fixes your aesthitics issue.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Bret608

Quote from: avidgrim on November 06, 2013, 09:25:24 PM
Sounds like should just lose the dc jack and just use a battery from what your saying. Problem is I already have a big 1/2 hole on the side of my enclosure.

Do I really need a special positive dc jack. I've been searching a lot online and this is the first I've heard that. Also I can't find a single source to purchase one.

:-\

Sorry not to be clear on that; I meant the ac adaptor you would use, not the dc jack itself. See the FPS-2 on the following link:

http://www.fulltone.com/products/ac-adapters

You could just wire the dc jack and battery as we advised, and order one of these when you have a chance. But I think the suggestion about the Road Rage is really good too. Then you could just use the common 9v adaptors that we usually use.

I hope this helps!  :)

avidgrim

So how are both the dc jack and battery snap wired? Everyone has only explain one or the other I believe. Maybe I missed something, but it seems like everyone is saying it can be done but not explaining exactly how.

avidgrim

I do see that the ggg diagram that Gledison gratiously supplied has both included but the switch wiring is different that the mangler doc and there are 4 extra grounds on the board in their diagram. Is any of that needed?

Gledison

Quote from: avidgrim on November 08, 2013, 11:52:50 PM
I do see that the ggg diagram that Gledison gratiously supplied has both included but the switch wiring is different that the mangler doc and there are 4 extra grounds on the board in their diagram. Is any of that needed?
Hey mate. That was an example!
As far as i understood, all the grounds have to be connected to each other or in different ground points. In that example the design of the pcb show 4 ground points, so you could wire all the grounds in one point or distribute them.
with a 3PDT you connect the grounds on the switch and from the switch to the board!
Hope it helps!
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?