News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sea Urchin, a daddy daughter build

Started by jimilee, November 02, 2013, 04:07:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

Here is a Madbean bean Sea Urchin, it's a clone of the deep blue delay. It went to together easily enough, I wasn't really going to finish it today until my daughter asked if we could build a pedal. Now here's the thing with this pedal. I know the pt2399 is prone to locking up on this build, I know that. I know the symptoms and I know how to fix it. What I don't know is why I spent an extra 2 hours debugging it before I said , oh yeah, duh! Anyway here it is. Every time I play a pedal my daughter designed, I lose my place because it makes me smile every time I look at it.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

alanp

"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

hoodoo

Made me smile too mate,quality daddy daughter time,cool. :)

billstein

Ettore_M

" I would first try what I call The American Approach, which is simply this: "If X is good, then 2X simply HAS TO BE twice as good."  ;D "
- Culturejam

hylandren

That's like the 3rd or 4th one she has helped you with, isn't it ?
Someday, when she leaves home, you are going to have to get one of those display cases and enshrine her pedal artwork for posterity.

jimilee

Yep it's the third I believe. I can only hold her off for so long. That's a great idea, and enclosed pedal board!
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

rullywowr

That's awesome man!  Should stand the test of time great also!

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

Jakes Dad

Very nice.

Hang as long as you can - any day now she's going to show up with an engagement ring.

Chuck

gingataff

man, that's sweet.
I can only imagine the joy and tears that will bring.