News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

JRC 14558D????/Boss GEB-7

Started by garfo, October 30, 2013, 08:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garfo

I've got a second handed BOSS GEB-7 equalizer.I want to perform an upgrade mod to get rid of the noise.
I was going into the Monte Allum modbut after checking his example board pic, I've realized the three IC's on my pedal are JRC14558D and not the 5218A as he has on the picture of his original Boss.
Does anyone know what IC this is, is this some sort of JRC4558???If so, could I replace them with RC4559P?

Matt

What ICs are in your GEB-7?  Brian Wamplers book shows IR9022's for the stock ICs and TL072 or NE552's as replacements.  If that's what you have, then I think your ICs will work just fine. 

Misread your post, my bad.
Matt

garfo

Well, mine has the JRC 14558D.I think I will just replace them with OPA2134AP  and RC4559P

Govmnt_Lacky

JRC is Japan Radio Corporation....

They have changed MOST of their components to NJM

Try looking for NJM14558D  ;)

garfo

I started moddin already, will change the three main IC?s with two OPA2134AP's and one RC4559P.Besides that, I don't know if anyone has ever moded a GEB-7, but there are two in-line IC's.From what I get, either one or the two are responsible for the buffered bypassed sound of the pedal.
Now, my mission is to find out which one should be modded(for instance, I know that I could replace this/these opamps with something better like a OPA2134AP using an adapter), but I'm confused to if either should be both, or just one of them, or one of them with two IC's!?!?
D'you get my point ???
Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on October 31, 2013, 11:01:50 AM
JRC is Japan Radio Corporation....

They have changed MOST of their components to NJM

Try looking for NJM14558D  ;)