News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Slow Loris and Yellow Shark!

Started by petesz, February 22, 2011, 07:18:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

petesz

My first madbean builds!
Both turned out awesome and worked first go, i am really diggin the Yellow Shark especially. Very cool sounding overdrive.
With the Slow Loris you can see two 3mm lights next to the tone control, these are the clipping diodes (blue) so they light up when you play with the switch on LED clipping. I wasnt sure how it would turn out but it works really well and looks cool.

Now I've got Sunking, Aristocrat, Egodriver and Double Flush Tremolo pcb's to move on to!  

[attachment deleted by admin]

madbean

Wow, those are really unusual paint colors. I like them a lot! The bubble lettering on the slow loris is killer.

petesz

Thanks madbean!
Ive come up with a bit of a technique im now using on all my pedals, which is just mixing spray paint colours eg the Yellow Shark is base coat Gold spray, with lighter sprays of yellow and cream on top to give it a speckled kind of yellowy finish.
The Slow Loris is Silver with black spray on top, and actually its hard to tell but the lettering is hammered into the enclosure. It became a bit hard to read when i sprayed over it though, so gotta figure out another way to do that..

edit: I dont mean to spam but if you like the colours have a look at some others pedals ive made with the same spray technique at http://petespedals.tumblr.com/

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

Beerdog80

Quote from: petesz on February 22, 2011, 10:35:02 AM
..and actually its hard to tell but the lettering is hammered into the enclosure. It became a bit hard to read when i sprayed over it though, so gotta figure out another way to do that..

Why not re-hammer it again now that your finished painting it?  A good punch should do the trick.

Nice job though.  I'm diggin the yellow one quite a bit!

redbean

Quote from: petesz on February 22, 2011, 07:18:07 AM
My first madbean builds!
Both turned out awesome and worked first go, i am really diggin the Yellow Shark especially. Very cool sounding overdrive.

Excellent! Love the multi-colored finishes.

I look forward to building some madbean pedals too! ;)
es là-bas!!

dwstanford

I love the paint job on these.  Great job.  Ive got to get one of those yellow shark boards!