News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Upgraded an inexpensive Tele

Started by rjkanejr, October 27, 2013, 01:20:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjkanejr

OK this isn't about a pedal but check out my first blog.  Upgraded a cheap Tele copy.  Thanks to some advice by some folks here about replacing the neck.   It turned out great.  Plays great.  Sounds great.  Looks like an expensive custom shop guitar.  I love it.

http://rjkmusic.blogspot.com/

juansolo

Tele's (well most Fenders to be fair) are built to be hot-rodded.

I've a Telemaster that started out life as a cheapo GFS thing. The guy who had it before me swapped out the neck for a Fender one from a Classic 50s strat. He also Esquired it with a lovely bakelite pickguard that he made. I then traded a pair of pedals for it and swapped out the bridge and pup for a TV Jones filtertron. Currently the only remaining bit of the original guitar (the body) is being replaced. That's going to become a thinline of some description.

My Baja bears little resemblance to when it was new. The pups went, which were decent to be fair, but I don't like Tele neck pups. So in went a neck humbucker. The S1 wiring went as I like simplicity. Then the poly finish went after it took a trip down a concrete driveway... So it now has a nice oil and wax finish.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk