News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

increasing volume on my Kingslayer

Started by MarkL, October 26, 2013, 09:56:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkL

I am finding that with the gain control all the way down on my Kingslayer, I hit unity gain when the volume control is at about 1:30 in its rotation.  I tried using a higher gain pot (25K instead of 10K) but I am finding that the volume hits unity at the same rotation spot.  When I turn up the gain control a bit, I hit unity volume at 12:00, but I'd like more volume on tap with the gain control all the way down.  Anybody have a suggestion as to how I could get this?

Mr. Bro

hi, my name is Michael or Mr. Bro on here. I've built a King slayer, I went buffered fyi. It sounds great, but i have two issues. First, it has a retarded amount of output my knob is at 7 o'clock and it will blow your hair back! It controls my amp volume, when not engaged. Even with all other knobs also at 7, it's simply unusable. Second, I mounted my defused 3mm red leds to the face so I have a visually cool look. but they only work when its quote motor boating. I'm very new, i think the klon is my 5th build, and i've had one issue or another with almost all my builts, with the exception of some that i ordered complete kits to, thx.
ps So i read some and have doubled checked values for resistors r9-11,15,19,21-23 all are correct.

I know you posted a problem kinda like this and was wondering what thought?