News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Ebay/China 3pdt Stomps?

Started by playpunk, October 26, 2013, 06:27:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

playpunk

Has anybody had bad experiences with these cheapies? I can't imagine they're any different than the ones that the vendors here sell.

If I didn't ask, I know that somebody would tell me that they're all duds.
"my legend grows" - playpunk

stevie1556

I've had some off eBay before. They were about £12 for 10 including postage. I've used them in my builds and ones for friends and they work well. I use different ones now though.

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk!

jkokura

I've gotten 20 for $40 shipped before. But 20 for $50 shipped is pretty reasonable still.

I think that almost all of the Taiwan 3PDT switches are coming from the same place. Mammoth, PPP, Tayda... the cheap switches are all still cheap switches. The only exception might be Smallbear, but I don't know if Steve has run out of the massive run he had done a decade ago.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

playpunk

Yeah, they're like 20 for 40 shipped to the states. Well I'll probably get a bunch then.

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

juansolo

I only use the Tayda one's where I can't get an optotron in, and then it's reluctantly. I've had failures and DOA stomps.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

GhostofJohnToad

I've bought some from a China eBay seller before.  Functionally no issues.  Only problem I had with them was there was something on the lugs that wouldn't take solder.  A little sanding and flux and the problem was solved. I'd buy again if the price was right and I need a decent quantity.

playpunk

Thanks for the info. Last time I checked the bitches store he was out. I will get my next set from him.

davent

The ones i've had from Tayda all have an excess amount of the red gunk around the lugs where the ones i've received from Aron at diystompboxes (which i believe are also tested) and the premium ones i see offered by other sites have much less and the amount is uniform among the lugs. Does it make a difference or is it an indicator of a better manufacturing process all 'round for the costlier items?

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?