News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

download some guitar pedal pcb layouts

Started by daz061, October 25, 2013, 12:39:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daz061

Where can i download the layouts so i can etch my own boards, anyone do this?

jkokura

Some of the build docs have single sided layouts in them that you can etch. There are some legacy projects available as well, and you can check the 'discontinued projects' section of the forum for that. (http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?board=31.0)

Also, there are many projects available from other PCB companies as well. Are you looking for something in particular or just anything?

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

das234

They are all over the place.  Tonepad, general guitar gadgets, runoff groove, of course Madbean discontinued projects thread, and others have transferable files for etching.

daz061

thanks for the info guys but will all the parts, equipment and tools can it be that much cheaper to make the pedals than buy em, you just need so much stuff all in all!

DutchMF

Quote from: daz061 on October 27, 2013, 12:54:11 PM
thanks for the info guys but will all the parts, equipment and tools can it be that much cheaper to make the pedals than buy em, you just need so much stuff all in all!

If you're getting into this to save money, I have some very bad news for you...... You won't!! Everyone here will confirm this only costs money. You do, however, gain a lot of knowledge, some cool and unique pedals and a great way to spend your free time.

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

daz061

Thanks. I think I will save my money before I get sucked into all this

juansolo

You might spend money, but you will end up with an awesome stash of pedals you made yourself and a much greater understanding of how these things work. It's enormously satisfying.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

ch1naski

Enormously addicting.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

one louder.

billstein

Quote from: ch1naski on October 27, 2013, 05:56:32 PM
Enormously addicting.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Enormously satisfying and enormously addicting.

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: DutchMF on October 27, 2013, 01:09:20 PM
If you're getting into this to save money, I have some very bad news for you...... You won't!! Everyone here will confirm this only costs money. You do, however, gain a lot of knowledge, some cool and unique pedals and a great way to spend your free time.

Paul

This is not necessarily true.

It all depends on WHAT you are building. If you just want to build a boost or a simple OD, then you will most likely be spending more to build than to buy. The good thing about building in THIS situation is that you can tweak and adjust whatever you want to make your build unique to you.

Now, in other cases.... it can be CONSIDERABLY less to build than to buy.... Case(s) in point:

- TS808 Tubescreamer
- Lovetone pedals (OK...maybe not THAT easy..but still an example)
- Some Fuzz pedals

These are just a few of the easier-to-build pedals that can cost considerably more to buy than to build (mainly due to hype and name recognition)

It takes experience but.... in the end you will be able to decide if it is a "build" or a "buy"  ;)

slimtriggers

QuoteIt all depends on WHAT you are building.

^ This.  If you just want to build ONE pedal, then it's not worth the time/effort/hassle/$$.  If you want to experiment, or you're after a rare/discontinued item then building is probably your best option.

If you're buying, the boutique pedals typically hold their value pretty well.  Some even gain value.  So, if you wanted to try out the latest and greatest you could probably flip it over on TGP if you didn't like it.

alanp

For me, quite a lot of the fun itself is in the building process. (Some of the fun is also in the playing, granted.)

Plus, as said, you're not bloody likely to otherwise get a Lovetone Flange With No Name for less than two grand, let alone $200 or so.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

DutchMF

Ok guys, you all have a point or two there..... But looking from my own point of view, it costs me a lot more to build than to buy. I mean, before getting into this hobby, I was more than happy with the same couple of trusty pedals on my board (for years!). Now, I build, build, then build some more, just because I can. Result: a box full of very cool, but hardly used pedals! Not that I'm complaining, I'll build some more instead!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

kothoma

Right. Speaking of me, who really needs >30 dirt pedals? (most of them unboxed)  :-[