Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Graphics on a dark purple candy enclosere :(

Started by Gledison, October 24, 2013, 07:38:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gledison

Quote from: jimilee on October 25, 2013, 01:16:02 PM

Quote from: Gledison on October 25, 2013, 11:51:57 AM
What about printing in Yellow collor? Or printing first in Black, than yellow over it? The prob would be how to adjust the paper to print twice exactly in the same point...:S
photoshop layers
Hey mate! Working with layers on photoshop or ilustrator is not the poblem! What i ment is hoe to print first black , than feesd the paper in the printer again and print yellow! Might be tough!
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?

Gledison

Quote from: Fastocker on October 25, 2013, 01:16:35 PM
If you happen to have a laminator, you can try the Pulsar DecalPro system.  I've gotten nice results using the DecalPro stuff . . . but you need a laminator and there's a bit of a learning curve with the system.  Here's some stuff I did with the Pulsar system:

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=6324.0
Unfortunatly no laminator..

TNblueshawk

I'm not sure you can get there from here so to speak. Like Jimi I always match up the color, or come really close anyway, on the white water slide decal to my pedal color.

Now one way around this visually, IMHO, is to do this and then take great care in cutting the decal the exact size of the top of the enclosure. So when looking down all you see is the decal color you chose right? So when looking at the side of the pedal, if your match is close, you really can't tell that the color on top is any different than the color on the sides so you in effect get what you are after.

I'll see if I can some up with an example. I'm not sure if I snapped pics of the sides of the one in mind or night. "I'll be back"  :P

Edit: Well the one I'm thinking of I have saved on Imageshack and my work now blocks this. But just for an example the one below is where I cut the decal to cover the top. If I had sprayed this pedal black I would have come really close. As it is this pedal is a very dark purple. I didn't snap any pics on the side. If I wanted to match that purple I would have played around with the colors. I hope some of this makes sense.

John

Gledison

I've found 2 solutions:
one is to print 2 different decals. Apply the first and let it dry. then apply the second one on the top of it. At least for the yellow collor worked fine..
second is to print twice on the same decal. Ive just tried that on a transparent slide. the prob is how to adjust exactly the position. On the transparent slide, was almost perfect, giving actually a nice effect on the letters and graphics :P
I will post soon the final work!
cheers everyone!