News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

I swear it followed me home....

Started by GermanCdn, October 20, 2013, 11:01:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GermanCdn

So I had to make a run to the local music store, as I had misplaced my can of De-Oxit.  I got their last can.  Oh, yeah, and this somehow made it to the till

A Custom 22 Artist in Trans Purple.  I swear these guys see me coming from a mile away.

And here's the kicker - when I was restringing it, I found me old can of DeOxit in my string bag.  That's the second time this week all it's taken for me to find something I lost was to go out and buy a new one.

My wife's eyes rolled completely around in her head.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

jkokura

Dude. You need to come back to Yorkton again. My local shop is a PRS dealer also.

That's one nice looking guitar. I like the gold hardware on it fer sure.

Secondly, keep your eyes open for a good deal on an SE Singlecut (master tone/volume, non-trem) for me. I wants one, and getting good deals there on CL or Kijiji or in the shops will be way easier than here.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

GermanCdn

Will do.  L&M usually has a SC used every once and a while.  Last one I saw there was 280.  No, wait, thats not tru, last one I saw was a Frderik Akesson signature with an aftermarket bigsby.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

jkokura

Quote from: GermanCdn on October 20, 2013, 11:33:22 PM
Will do.  L&M usually has a SC used every once and a while.  Last one I saw there was 280.  No, wait, thats not tru, last one I saw was a Frderik Akesson signature with an aftermarket bigsby.

At $280 I'd trust you could talk em down a bit and with shipping I'd pay less than buying one here in SK. But that Akesson with bigsby sounds like fun.

Jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*

GermanCdn

It is, but it's a heavy guitar.  Have to fix the wiring, i dont like pauls lp wiring diagrams.

jkokura

Yeah, between the LP type and the Bigsby...

I don't know about how PRS wires things, but I don't like dual volume/tone types in any case. Consider going with the Gretsch wiring which uses a master tone, and a master volume, but with a pair of independent volumes for each pickup. I like it because you don't have to 'ruin' a guitar by just removing two pots, but you still get both the master volume and the independent volumes many people do like with Paul types.

Jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*

croquet hoop

It's absolutely gorgeous, congratulations!

stecykmi

that guitar is straight up baller. purple with gold hardware? that's like... for royalty

muddyfox

Normally I strongly dislike gold hardware but this one really is some serious eyecandy.
Congrats on the NGD (and NDOD  ;D)!

madbean

ch1naski

Awesome impulse buy! ;)

I own a custom 22, absolutely my favorite guitar. If it got stolen I would kill the thief and three people who looked like him too.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

one louder.

billstein

A real beauty. Now go play some Nickleback. :)

Gledison

Purple Haze!!!!
congrats for the Gear man! when a sound check video will be available? :P
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?

GermanCdn

Quote from: ch1naski on October 21, 2013, 06:01:01 PM
Awesome impulse buy! ;)

I own a custom 22, absolutely my favorite guitar. If it got stolen I would kill the thief and three people who looked like him too.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Yes, she makes a nice addition to the family.  Her direct relatives are below.

rullywowr

Quote from: jkokura on October 20, 2013, 11:13:08 PM
Dude. You need to come back to Yorkton again. My local shop is a PRS dealer also.

That's one nice looking guitar. I like the gold hardware on it fer sure.

Secondly, keep your eyes open for a good deal on an SE Singlecut (master tone/volume, non-trem) for me. I wants one, and getting good deals there on CL or Kijiji or in the shops will be way easier than here.

Jacob

+1 on the SE singlecut.  I had a PRS Tremonti SE model many years ago and it was a sweet playing guitar.  I upgraded the pickups, electronics, had a proper nut cut for it, and installed a pigtail adjustable intonation bridge.  What a player!  I basically played the thing so much out when I was gigging that I wore out all the frets.  Supreme value for the money and with a set neck, you can't really go wrong.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!