News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

LM308

Started by angrykoko, October 19, 2013, 10:30:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

angrykoko

I was about to order a couple LM308's from SB... 4.50 each.. wanted 3 of them (13.50 total).
Out of curiosity I did an ebay search for these.. and found I can pickup 10 for 8.00 with free shipping from china.
That's .80 cents each!   

What am I missing here?   I'm all for everyone making $ but that's an insane amount of markup.

Is there some magic to the SB ones?
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

kothoma

Sometime last year I got 5 LM308N from polida2008 (China) on eBay for US$2.99 and they worked fine.

Scruffie

I wouldn't like to guarantee the ebay ones are legitimate, easy to re-brand another general purpose OpAmp, of course it'll work, but no guarantee it is what is says on it.
Works at Lectric-FX

DutchMF

Quote from: angrykoko on October 19, 2013, 10:30:54 AM

Dipped in Unicorn tears?  ;)

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

kothoma

Quote from: Scruffie on October 19, 2013, 01:06:05 PM
I wouldn't like to guarantee the ebay ones are legitimate, easy to re-brand another general purpose OpAmp, of course it'll work, but no guarantee it is what is says on it.

Right. I bought them without conviction, as an experiment, but I compared them to an old one from the late 80ies/early 90ies with identical results in my rat clone. Maybe just dumb luck?

angrykoko

Quote from: DutchMF on October 19, 2013, 01:14:14 PM
Quote from: angrykoko on October 19, 2013, 10:30:54 AM

Dipped in Unicorn tears?  ;)

Paul

Ha!  Maybe that's in the FAQ's and I missed it :)
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

spin

I've heard of horror stories with ebay chips. How much is the confidence worth to you? SB has very good prices on most things IMO, I don't believe they would up the cost of one SKU. There's certainly nothing wrong with picking the ebay ones up and giving them a shot (it's certainly cheap a enough gamble), just be aware of the risk.

ggarms

Anyone have a spare 308 they could let go/trade for a pt2399?