News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Dunlop bass wah, how do they do that?

Started by jimilee, October 19, 2013, 03:39:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

Got a Dunlop bass wah that just activates when you move the treadle. How do they do that?
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

RobA

How do you reactivate bypass?

It would be easy enough to setup a microcontroller circuit to do the activate on move using a relay or for a buffered bypass. But, I don't see how you would know when to turn it off without an active click.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rockā€¢it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

croquet hoop

I'm curious, does it activate when you actually move the treadle, or as soon as you set your foot on the pedal?

hammerheadmusicman

If it's anything like the Morley ones, they are spring loaded, and turn on as you push them down, maybe like a push to break kinda thing. Then when you take your foot off the treadle, it springs up to the top of the travel and turns itself off.
I play Guitar, and Build Stuff..

croquet hoop

Yeah, this is the kind of mechanism I was thinking of. Shouldn't be too hard to make with a soft momentary pushbutton I guess.

jimilee

Right, it activates when you move the treadle not when you put your foot on it. There is a local guy that does this with a momentary switch. I'd say it is like the Morley in that it is spring loaded and returns to the heel position and deactivates when you take your foot off the pedal
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.