News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Metaler than thou!

Started by sonarchotic, October 19, 2013, 12:17:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sonarchotic

This is a pedal I built for a trade. The guy wanted a metal muff type distortion and a phase 90 together so this is Tagboard's layout for Wampler's Triple Wreck and Sabro's layout for the Phase 90. I eliminated the script/block switch on the MXR because it didn't seem to make much difference. This was my first go at vero besides a Jawari to learn the ropes. The Triple Wreck is a beast and probably not something I would have built for myself but now that I have I hate to give it up. The pics aren't that great and don't do the finish justice. Oh well, at least I got to break out my metal thesaurus for the knob labelling  ;D

jimilee

Stellar build!!! I see three circuits? Is that a boost in the middle?
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

sonarchotic

Quote from: jimilee on October 19, 2013, 12:23:28 AM
Stellar build!!! I see three circuits? Is that a boost in the middle?
Thanks Jimilee! The Triple Wreck has a main distortion circuit and a seperate boost circuit as well.

bigrigg

That is a killer evil looking build.  Love that box.  Congrats man.

jubal81

One of the best "glowing eyes" builds I've ever seen. Outstanding work! Beast like that deserves some metal knobs  8)
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

lincolnic

DutchMF

That looks so freakin' awesome!!!! I sure hope your end of the trade was this good as well......

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

Vallhagen

..havin a hard time deciding which musical genre that pedal will suit best. Salsa? Trad Jazz? Easy Listening? Gospel?

Yes i still have Blüe Monster pcb-s for sale!

...and checkout: https://moodysounds.se/

juansolo

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

hammerheadmusicman

Quote from: Vallhagen on October 19, 2013, 09:30:08 AM
..havin a hard time deciding which musical genre that pedal will suit best. Salsa? Trad Jazz? Easy Listening? Gospel?

Beegees tribute band?
I play Guitar, and Build Stuff..

jimilee

Quote from: hammerheadmusicman on October 19, 2013, 01:40:25 PM

Beegees tribute band?
ahahahahahahaaha
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

sonarchotic

Close, it was for a salsa/jazz/Adult Contemporary/country gospel/Bee Gee's cover band. Very niche audience.
Thanks for the kind words and devil horns guys!

sonarchotic

Quote from: DutchMF on October 19, 2013, 07:27:02 AM
That looks so freakin' awesome!!!! I sure hope your end of the trade was this good as well......

Paul
Thanks, I'm trading it for a Korg Micro Synth. It looks like a fun toy and I am looking forward to messing around with it but the chance to build for someone else and their tastes was part of the motivation for me too.

DutchMF

Quote from: sonarchotic on October 19, 2013, 03:48:53 PM
Quote from: DutchMF on October 19, 2013, 07:27:02 AM

Paul
Thanks, I'm trading it for a Korg Micro Synth. It looks like a fun toy and I am looking forward to messing around with it but the chance to build for someone else and their tastes was part of the motivation for me too.

I sure can see what you mean. Hope the Korg is working out for you!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

micromegas

Quote from: hammerheadmusicman on October 19, 2013, 01:40:25 PM

Beegees tribute band?

I really think so...
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io