News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Alternate LDR for Double Flush

Started by bigstomper, February 20, 2011, 11:55:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigstomper

Getting ready to build up my Double Flush board and already have a few LDR's on hand and was wondering if any of them would work in this circuit.  I HAVE a VTL5C2 and a NSL-32.  The schematic calls for VTL5C1.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

hammerheadmusicman

I am also in the same boat, want to build one up, and have 9 NSL-32s in my collection of parts, as i had to buy ten for another build.. so i guess this is a bump..

or did you get it going with the nsl32 in the end?
I play Guitar, and Build Stuff..

juansolo

last one I did I did a roll your own with the Tayda cheapo LDR. Seemed to work just fine.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

marauder

Quote from: juansolo on November 30, 2012, 05:56:58 PM
last one I did I did a roll your own with the Tayda cheapo LDR. Seemed to work just fine.

From Rapid, not Tayda.

The NSL-32SR3 didn't work well, it was too choppy, and couldn't be dial out.  Much too responsive.

GermanCdn

I've built one with the VTL5C1 and one with a Tayda photocell, both worked, the only problem with the Tayda photocell is you don't get the response out of the Intensity knob that you do with VTL. 
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

juansolo

Quote from: marauder on November 30, 2012, 06:12:26 PM
Quote from: juansolo on November 30, 2012, 05:56:58 PM

From Rapid, not Tayda.

The NSL-32SR3 didn't work well, it was too choppy, and couldn't be dial out.  Much too responsive.

My bad, thought that was a tayda on  :-[
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

calciferspit

I used an NSL32 and it sounds great and works well in all settings.

hammerheadmusicman

Thanks dude,

now at least i know i can give it a go and see what happens :)

George
I play Guitar, and Build Stuff..