News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Shoot the Moon/Ultra-Stoner/Galaction

Started by Stomptown, October 17, 2013, 12:06:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stomptown

Hey guys, here are some builds I've been working on during my break from reality!

Shoot the Moon w/ internal gain trim pot: I was able to gently  bend the legs of the trim to fit it on the PCB. I definitely prefer the gain as an internal trim. Unfortunately I did not have a 100kC for the rate pot, which I think is an improvement over the recommended 100KB.

Ultra-Stoner w/ mid control - what a beast of a circuit this is! I need to sell this thing to make some cash, but I'm having a hard time letting it go!

Galacticon Phase Shifter - The blend knob adds some versatality and additional subtlety for those who like like to use their phaser as a side dish rather than the main course.  ;D  I still prefer it with the blend a 12 o'clock like a standard Phase 45. It's subtle enough for me! I'm redesigning this one now with an added switch for the 10:1 cap ratio vibe mod, which sounds really nice!

selfdestroyer

That Ultrastoner looks fantastic. Great etching on all of them.

Stomptown

Thanks! I covered every inch (except for the text) in blue painters tape to avoid pitting. I'm pretty stoked with the result!

lincolnic

Yeah, these are all killer. What'd you do to get the texture on those enclosures aside from the etching?

Stomptown

Quote from: lincolnic on October 17, 2013, 02:57:46 AM
Yeah, these are all killer. What'd you do to get the texture on those enclosures aside from the etching?

I used a 600 grit paper wrapped around an eraser and wet sanded down the enclosure in rows using a circular/corkscrew motion. I stumbled upon it accidentally and really liked the result. I looks cool and it also helps to hide the fingerprints and oils transfered from the skin...

Bret608

I like that effect you got with the sanding texture for sure. It looks almost like the pattern of flamed maple, just on metal instead of wood!  :)

lincolnic

For sure. I'm going to have to try this - did you start with a coarser grit first, or just go straight for the 600?

Stomptown

I started at 80 and worked my way to 600. Wet sanded at 400 as well, but I only used the circular motion on the 600 grit...

DutchMF

Amazing work, dude! You sure know how to etch..... Ultra-Stoner is my favourite, but I wouldn't mind any of them on my board!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

jprizz

YES! That is a really cool effect on the finish, almost looks like a large scale hammertone.

pryde

kothoma

Quote from: selfdestroyer on October 17, 2013, 01:43:24 AM
That Ultrastoner looks fantastic. Great etching on all of them.

Exactly my thoughts!

pickdropper

All of them look great.  I will pile on complimenting the enclosure finishing technique; that's really cool looking.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

culturejam

Quote from: Stomptown on October 17, 2013, 12:06:04 AM
Unfortunately I did not have a 100kC for the rate pot, which I think is an improvement over the recommended 100KB.

It's better for sure. I'm just lazy.  8)

Great builds!
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

ch1naski

Beauty!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

one louder.