News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

what to build next?

Started by Gledison, October 16, 2013, 08:10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chromesphere

Quote from: Gledison on October 16, 2013, 08:10:08 PM
Would like to build first something that I will really use.

Theres your problem right there.  Trust me, you dont build pedals to USE them... ;-)
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

Gledison

Quote from: chromesphere on October 17, 2013, 01:53:06 AM
Quote from: Gledison on October 16, 2013, 08:10:08 PM
Would like to build first something that I will really use.

Theres your problem right there.  Trust me, you dont build pedals to USE them... ;-)
Well Paul, let me rephrase it:
What would be the next cool builds that i must build! ;)
Ive seen that everybody has totally different suggestions, difficult to choose the most cited ones....
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?

Cortexturizer

doombutter with extra mods!
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

pryde

I also concur with the muff. So much fun to experiment with the circuit and all of its variants.

I recently came across a schematic on the kitrae site that I breadboarded and MAN its the bomber. Its a very early perf version of the "triangle" muff circa 1966. I immediately populated a mudbunny.

jkokura

Quote from: Gledison on October 16, 2013, 08:45:23 PM
Quote from: jkokura on October 16, 2013, 08:28:40 PM
Do you use modulation? One of my favourite builds is the EA Tremolo. Very useable pedal. Another pedal I really love is the SHOD for overdrive. Also, I really like the Companion Fuzz. These are pedals I use all the time.

Jacob
hey Jacob,
what about a versatile modulation? any suggestion?
the companion Fuzz I've never heard... its better than the tonebender mkii?
cheers

I'm not sure what you mean by versatile modulation? Like I said, I like Trem. I also like Phase myself, and occaisionally chorus. Getting all three in one box means multiple PCBs or a digital unit. Most DIY options are pretty much one PCB per effect. Sometimes you can get vibrato out of a chorus though.

The Compainion Fuzz is my favourite fuzz right now. It's crazy. I did a video recently, it's attached below. You can check out the build docs for that and other effects at www.jmkpcbs.com.

Jacob

JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

DutchMF

All the good ones are already mentioned! But here is my pick:
-Clean Boost (Thunderpuss!!)
-Muff (as many different versions as you can afford)
-Multiplex
-Weener
-JMK's Standard Fuzz (my own build report will follow soon, but it absolutely kills!!!)

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

das234

Quote from: Cortexturizer on October 17, 2013, 12:26:54 PM
doombutter with extra mods!

That IS a fun one but I'm not too sure about USEFUL.

Anyway, don't ask me, I just ordered 5 new boards (Sharkfin, Pork Barrel, Low Rider, Current Lover, Double Flush) from Brian, I'm gearing up to etch about 6 others (Ego Driver, TriVibe, Callate, Boneyard, Slow Gear, Ruby) and I still want to add a multiplex from 1776 - so clearly I can't decide either! 

Oh, and I started building a Sqweeker with my 7 year old but he's doing most of the work.

alanp

Quote from: jkokura on October 17, 2013, 04:22:57 PM
The Compainion Fuzz is my favourite fuzz right now. It's crazy. I did a video recently, it's attached below. You can check out the build docs for that and other effects at www.jmkpcbs.com.

I'm pretty sure that "Till I Get My Way" by the Black Keys uses a Companion for the lead.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website