News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Ludicrous Screamer....Clip Added!

Started by GrindCustoms, October 14, 2013, 10:49:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrindCustoms

Mini TubeGrinder

Dual OpAmp in Parrallel (JRC4558D/TL072)
3 position Clipping Switch (Symetrical-LED / Lifted / Assymetrical-SiSiLED)
Fat Switch
High Switch

9-18V operation

Layout by Dave/PickDropper  8)

Prepping of the enlightened pot setup...

Had to hack the jacks a bit...so everything fits confortably....

5 PCB in a 1590A!   ;D

Finally made a clip, sorry for the snizzing and clipping in the envellope part..

Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

Tremster

hoodoo

Hey man, don't forget the 2 switches as well as the 5 pcb's 8) whoops, make that 3  ;D

GrindCustoms

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

pickdropper

Excellent Rej!

What so you think of that particular asymmetrical clipping config?  I've not tried that one before.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

GrindCustoms

Quote from: pickdropper on October 14, 2013, 12:02:25 PM
Excellent Rej!

What so you think of that particular asymmetrical clipping config?  I've not tried that one before.

Thanks man, that board layout was awesome to work with....everything went in place nicely....have helped me to make this thing look right for sure.

Having the LED in the assymetrical clipping soften the overall gain sound and sounds a bit looser while having a good sustain from the Si...try it..., pretty sure you'll dig it.

pickdropper

Quote from: GrindCustoms on October 14, 2013, 12:11:21 PM
Excellent Rej!

Yeah, I'll give it a shot one of these days.
Thanks man, that board layout was awesome to work with....everything went in place nicely....have helped me to make this thing look right for sure.

Having the LED in the assymetrical clipping soften the overall gain sound and sounds a bit looser while having a good sustain from the Si...try it..., pretty sure you'll dig it.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

GrindCustoms

Quote from: pickdropper on October 14, 2013, 12:27:42 PM
Quote from: GrindCustoms on October 14, 2013, 12:11:21 PM
Excellent Rej!

Yeah, I'll give it a shot one of these days.

If you have a ZenDrive board laying around...it's where it the shines the most....totally makes the mosfet clipper unnecessary....well..to me..

billstein

Ok. I hate you (in a way that really means respect to the max). Nobody should be able to do what you've done in your last two builds. Can't wait to see what's next, I mean where do you go from here!

ch1naski

I've never seen so much done inside an "A" box. Just...wow.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

one louder.

GrindCustoms

Quote from: billstein on October 14, 2013, 04:59:23 PM
Ok. I hate you (in a way that really means respect to the max). Nobody should be able to do what you've done in your last two builds. Can't wait to see what's next, I mean where do you go from here!

Thanks man, i really appreciate it......but i won't agree that «nobody else» can do it....it's just time and a bit of will....and luck...!haha

But i'll completely agree that these 2 last built have been really fun, especially the DigDug.....I dunno...like many other guys here i've built shit-tons of boxes....and at some point it becomes redundant....even if all of the coolest layout comes out...you know it will just go in there without the need to thinker around it....like let say....the first 5 non kit built a rookie can built....where every stripped wire is an achievement...and THAT's the fun and rewarding aspect of this hobby, Achievements.

It's volunteer from my part too, to post detailed crap quality pics of the steps around a built...., when i started i was spending hours in the ShowOff forums to see what could be done and how it was done....These are super-jam-pack'd-compress'd builts...but if you take that and use it in a larger scale....it may help out some folks who have more difficulty to visualize how to manage the logistics of a built.

End of my rant.

To answer you question..................., Behold! Bahahahahaha!

juansolo

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

lincolnic

selfdestroyer

Simply crazy. You sir have some mad layout skills.