News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

New Test Rig

Started by bcalla, October 12, 2013, 06:55:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bcalla

I had several pedals backlogged because I tore apart my old test rig and then took my time finishing my new one.  I tried to incorporate everything I thought I would need into one place.  It's got a built in test tone generator (JMK Tiny Tester), headphone amp (from TH Custom Effects) & an audio probe.  The box is mounted on an extra shelf from a closet organizer along with a breadboard. 

pickdropper

That is fantastic.  Have any pics of the guts?
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

jimilee

That's awesome! All those switches would just trip me up the first time a pedal didn't work. I have a hard enough time remembering to plug my guitar in.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jubal81

"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

catfud

Excellent test rig! I've been planning something similar, but am only at the post-plan-gathering-parts stage. A pic of the insides would be great!

bcalla

The insides are a little ugly - all those switches = lots of wires.

lincolnic

This looks so pro. Very, very nice.

Ettore_M

Great testing rig! An all-in-one solution.. Just great!  :)

Hector
" I would first try what I call The American Approach, which is simply this: "If X is good, then 2X simply HAS TO BE twice as good."  ;D "
- Culturejam

catfud

I was wondering a few things:
- what size/type enclosure is that?
- why did you decide to separate signal ground from DC ground?

bcalla

I think the enclosure is a 1590BB - it's about 4.5" x 3.5" x 1.25".  I used a blem that I had in stock that had about a dozen holes drilled in the top.  It's pretty shallow, which is why the 2 PCBs are bent at an angle.

There is no electronics-based reason for a separate signal ground.  There were 8 external connectors and I only had to make 7 internal connections!   :-[
It ties together with the power ground.