News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Klonpressor

Started by juansolo, October 12, 2013, 03:43:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

Klonpressor
Something a little different. A Grind Customs Rotten Komp (Rothwell Lovesqueeze clone) into Pickdropper's MiniTaur buffered mini-Klone PCB.

Love the art on this one. It's more Malleus of course.

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

pickdropper

I really like this one and that's a nice combo.

I may have to do a build of this.  I certainly have plenty of both boards.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

juansolo

Definitely does the job :)

jubal81

Really top notch. Surprised how many people like compression before dirt. I prefer it the other way around.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

jkokura

Quote from: jubal81 on October 12, 2013, 06:24:13 PM
Really top notch. Surprised how many people like compression before dirt. I prefer it the other way around.

I like it both ways, I just tend to use it Comp into Overdrive most often because of what I do musically. In an ideal world. I'd have a comp followed by a drive followed by a comp, followed by a drive, followed by a comp so I could do all sorts of interesting combinations...

But comp into klon is a great way to go. Great build Juan, it looks stellar.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

juansolo

I made the Sonic Death Monkey for a friend and that was a Comp (originally an Afterlife, but I ended up swapping in a LoveSqueeze and putting the AL in another enclosure for him. He loves the AL, but wanted to use it for other things. The LS just worked better in this scenario.) into a Klone, into a FatPants. That *really* worked well. Well, apart from the charge pumps heterodyning, but I sorted that by running the FP at 9v.

I've already got a FP in another box, so thought I'd make the other half of the SDM for me to plug before it.

Ettore_M

Great combo, and top-notch wiring as always!  ;)

How do you like the LoveSqueeze circuit? I've built an Afterlife and I really like it. But the Engineer's Thumb I built a while ago was even better, really transparent and dead quiet. I was wondering if the LoveSqueeze is something between these two.

" I would first try what I call The American Approach, which is simply this: "If X is good, then 2X simply HAS TO BE twice as good."  ;D "
- Culturejam

juansolo

Even more transparent than the Engineers Thumb. You can only tell it's on sometimes when you turn it off and your mids disappear.

Ettore_M

Quote from: juansolo on October 13, 2013, 11:09:24 AM
Even more transparent than the Engineers Thumb. You can only tell it's on sometimes when you turn it off and your mids disappear.
That should be great! And it seems like an easy circuit to build. I'm going for it soon! Thanks!  :)

Hector
" I would first try what I call The American Approach, which is simply this: "If X is good, then 2X simply HAS TO BE twice as good."  ;D "
- Culturejam