News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

First Osh Park Problem -

Started by rullywowr, October 11, 2013, 02:03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rullywowr

Just to preface this, I love Osh Park and this isn't really their fault.

So I have been ordering a lot of boards from Osh Park lately.  One of my latest batches ended up lost in the mail.  I knew something was up because I received another batch of boards that I placed AFTER the order I was waiting for.

The tracking shows it lost in OR somewhere.  Apparently, it hit a mail hub there and just vanished.  Anyways, I let Osh Park know and they placed another order for me.  No problem.  Great customer service and awesome guys to deal with!  Props go to Laen and their team.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

gtr2

Then why would you put "first OSH park problem" as the title of the thread?  It should be OSH park customer service is great!

Anyone searching these threads or google for that matter it will come up.  Many times I've been lead back to this forum for google searches.  ;)

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

kothoma

Yeah, doesn't look like it's a fault of OSH Park.

BTW, many threads here carry misleading or useless subject titles. :(

gtr2

The title should say USPS strikes again  :D
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

pickdropper

Yeah, OSH Park customer service is great.

I had a board done somewhat recently and some of the holes were over drilled.  Usable, not not correct.  I pointed it plot to them so it could be corrected on my next reorder, but they replaced them anyway.  Nice folks.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

teknoman2

I opened a ticket seven days ago facing the same problem with OP,
ME:
(I haven't received my order yet (vc93GxbR)
Also the tracking number LN802099490US
doesn't work.
Do you know if there is a problem with my order?)
OSH PARK:
(We recently switched to UPS-MI, which doesn't come with tracking. For a few orders, we accidentally sent out the package registration number, which is what you have.
However, UPS-MI also skips customs, so you should get the order a lot faster. The advertised shipping time is less than 10 days, but varies a bit by country.)

Yesterday I received my order so probably there will be delay with your orders more than usuall.

madbean

UPS-MI skips Customs? That is certainly a good thing. I suspect that's were 99% of problems arise with int'l orders.

kothoma

UPS-MI "skips" customs? Huh? I imagine they speed up the process a bit by electronically exchanging data with foreign customs authorities.

gingataff

I love oshpark but my last two orders were hellishly slow to arrive.

on one of them the address label, which I presume is some kind of heat sensitive paper, was completely black. someone at the post office managed to make out my address and stuck a new label on it.
the next one was postmarked belgium.
portland > belgium > japan.
go figure.
anyway, not laen's fault I'm sure and it won't stop me ordering from them.

catfud

I got my first boards back from osh park this week too, and they had that same via-belgium route (I'm in the uk) - I just assumed it was just a cost-efficient postal strategy, and as the time between order and arrival was under 3 weeks I'm impressed.

Rockhorst

I'm waiting for a set of boards and it's actually taking longer than I'm used to. Would've expected them to be here by now...