News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Mudbunny Pharaoh Build

Started by selfdestroyer, October 09, 2013, 05:36:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

selfdestroyer

Boxed this up tonight and I have fallen in love. Some great Stoner Rock tones to be had with this pedal. I am also finding the more I play with it that I love the "no diode" middle position on the diode switch. Its so harsh and LOUD in a good way.

alanp

nrrrg... got a couple bunny boards on order right now, one's going to be a Pharoah, the other I dunno. Maybe a Mayo or TSM680.

Can't wait to hear how this compares to the ?Lady. That is one of the best pedals for heavy stuff I've heard.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

angrykoko

Yep, it's a fantastic sounding pedal.
Nice build!. 

Do you paint your pc board? or did you buy it that color?  Nice "blood" red Halloween theme going on in there. :)

Koko
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

selfdestroyer

Quote from: angrykoko on October 09, 2013, 09:56:58 AM
Nice build!. 

Do you paint your pc board? or did you buy it that color?  Nice "blood" red Halloween theme going on in there. :)

Koko

Thanks, I buy my PCB clad with red laminate and I get them from eBay. I used to paint my vero strip boards but sometimes the heat from the iron will jack it up.

jimilee

That's some awesome green shag you got going on too.    8)  Great build!
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Jean-Rock

Jonny Rock the "French Canadian"

Affiliation : Jonny Rock Gear

http://www.jonnyrockgear.com

ch1naski

Quote from: alanp on October 09, 2013, 05:51:22 AM
nrrrg... got a couple bunny boards on order right now, one's going to be a Pharoah, the other I dunno. Maybe a Mayo or TSM680.

Can't wait to hear how this compares to the ?Lady. That is one of the best pedals for heavy stuff I've heard.
I've had a homemade pharoah, and now have an ultra stoner (? Lady), slightly different beasts, the pharoah being slightly more heavy in the gain area, but the stoner holds it's own with the wide tonal versatility. Both are super muffs. Makes me want to move to the desert and smoke weed. ;D

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

one louder.

selfdestroyer

Quote from: ch1naski on October 10, 2013, 04:50:47 AM
Quote from: alanp on October 09, 2013, 05:51:22 AM

I've had a homemade pharoah, and now have an ultra stoner (? Lady), slightly different beasts, the pharoah being slightly more heavy in the gain area, but the stoner holds it's own with the wide tonal versatility. Both are super muffs. Makes me want to move to the desert and smoke weed. ;D

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

I have a half built minimuff ultra stoner that I need to get some more 1/8 watt resistors to finish. I have heard good thing about it.

ch1naski

How does the mini lend itself to that iteration? Easy to apply the mods?

Btw, the no diode setting was my fave, too. Very gritty, fuzzy, and loud.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk now Free
one louder.

Blues Healer

nice clean build!

pardon my ignorance, but is the diode lift on the first two?

I'm puttin' a Pharoah on my list!
"music heals"

Stomptown

beautiful build! I'm in the middle of an ultra-stoner muff right now. I'd love to hear how these compare... I have to say I love the little red caps you used. Did you pick those up online or at a local surplus?

Cortexturizer

Did I praise this build? Oh no, I neglected it! Sorry selfdestroyer!
You did an awesome job inside out, and I am pleased to see that lost of people are being turned to this variant of the muff.

Bunch of people, on the other hand, swear on the Earthbound Audio Supercollider as being the best, stonniest, most killer muff evah. It's just a couple of changes from the Pharaoh, but supposedly it rocks really really hard.
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

juansolo

Has anyone got the Pharaoh parts list vs Mudbunny part no's? If so can you forward it to me and I'll strap it to the spreadsheet.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

angrykoko

Quote from: selfdestroyer on October 09, 2013, 10:01:23 PM
Quote from: angrykoko on October 09, 2013, 09:56:58 AM
Nice build!. 

Koko

Thanks, I buy my PCB clad with red laminate and I get them from eBay. I used to paint my vero strip boards but sometimes the heat from the iron will jack it up.

That gives me an idea.  Next time I'm at the autoparts store I'll pickup some of that high temp spray paint (the stuff you use on exhaust manifolds) and give that a try.  I use the photo positive pcb that I get locally, it only comes in vomit yellow brown.  I like the black boards you use too.
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

billstein

Quote from: juansolo on October 11, 2013, 08:32:58 AM
Has anyone got the Pharaoh parts list vs Mudbunny part no's? If so can you forward it to me and I'll strap it to the spreadsheet.

Yes please. I've been wanting to build a Pharoah but was hoping this would happen. I've already built a P19 and Mayo using your list so thank you for providing that.