News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Late to the party.... 1776-Multiplex....

Started by GrindCustoms, October 07, 2013, 04:05:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrindCustoms

This circuit have been populated for months.....never got at boxing it because i thought i would match it up with another circuit....finally declined that option and decided to go 125B.... :D

Had to Dremelized one of the screw post in order to fit the footswitch.....

Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

alanp

Rej, you're insane! (In a very, very good way :) )
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Stomptown

Wow! This is crazy Reg! Did you have to sand the PCB down to fit it in there? Great build!  :o

televisiondown

Didn't even think a 125B was an option. Wow! Looks really cool, too.
"Be more constructive with your feedback, please" ~Jemaine Clement

juansolo

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

DutchMF

You da man, Rej!! Nice plexicity.....

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

Battery Acid

Complicate it doesn't make it wrong

das234

Cozy.  Very cozy.  Who's gonna put it in a 1590A now??

GrindCustoms

Thanks guys, this was a fun one to put together......a bit of challenge is always good! :)

Quote from: Stomptown on October 07, 2013, 04:54:29 AM
Wow! This is crazy Reg! Did you have to sand the PCB down to fit it in there? Great build!  :o

Thanks Man!

I did'nt sanded the pcb....that's something i don't like to do because in some case it will expose the ground planes or live signal traces....

I just pushed the pcb down as it could go, extended the pots legs because they where definitly too short and shimmed the rotary switch with 2 jack washer so it fits snugs with the enclosure.

If i had'nt been stupid with the footswitch drilling and thought of screw post space they take......moved the I/O a bit forward and drill them so they are flush with the bottom of the enclosure.....they would have slip a bit under the pcb giving all the place needed for everything......

For the 2 Time and Feedback pots i directly cut the lugs/legs of the pots and soldered solid core extension instead....other wise they where sticking on the sidewall of the enclosure and short would occur....

Quote from: das234 on October 07, 2013, 05:27:25 PM
Cozy.  Very cozy.  Who's gonna put it in a 1590A now??

Wait couple weeks, PickDropper will make a SMT layout and fit two of those in a 1590A! hahahaha! ;)

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

ch1naski

Rej, you are obviously a glutton for punishment. I would have trouble with fitting that in a  milk crate, much less a 125:P

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
one louder.

icecycle66

lincolnic

GrindCustoms

Thanks guys, you should all try that! :D

Quote from: icecycle66 on October 07, 2013, 07:46:01 PM
What's that shiny bit on the top?

The chrome knurled knob?

If that...., i don't remember where i got it....probably on a guitar...it had a set screw so i used it...lol

pickdropper

Quote from: GrindCustoms on October 07, 2013, 06:51:33 PM

Wait couple weeks, PickDropper will make a SMT layout and fit two of those in a 1590A! hahahaha! ;)

Hahaha, not bloody likely, although I'll do a layout if you promise to find a way to for 8 pots and 2 rotary switches in a 1590a. .  :-)

Great build, Rej.  Very tight quarters in there and it looks cool on the outside, too.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper