News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

My wife knows me...

Started by selfdestroyer, October 02, 2013, 06:21:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

selfdestroyer

Just got this in the mail yesterday. Every year my wife and I get a bunch of smaller presents for each other for our anniversary and this was one of the things she got me.

And here it is with its new home.

It is very comfortable and I am so happy to have a legit strap and not a free nylon one I have been supporting in the past.

Cody

Cortexturizer

Love the strap, love the jazzmaster. You're one lucky dude
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

wolfingsworth

Quote from: Cortexturizer on October 02, 2013, 06:51:25 PM
+1 for this but really, I'm jealous of that carpet ;D

jubal81

Beautiful and classy. Congrats!
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

selfdestroyer

Quote from: wolfingsworth on October 02, 2013, 11:45:46 PM

HAHA thanks, I think there is a few of us on the forums that support the Ikea green shag rug.. I love mine.

wolfingsworth

Quote from: selfdestroyer on October 03, 2013, 12:30:00 AM

HAHA thanks, I think there is a few of us on the forums that support the Ikea green shag rug.. I love mine.
haha. I'd be lying if I said half of my house didn't come from Ikea. Now I need to get one of those rugs too.

das234

Oh crap, that reminds me... my anniversary is coming up this month.  Maybe she'd go for a nice new strap to hang on my bass??

Bret608

Sweet Jazzmaster...is that a '90s MIJ by any chance?

Anyway, I'm liking that strap. My old Fender one is wearing out. I've almost dropped my Mustang more than once!

My wife tends to just give me cash that I can spend on whatever guitar stuff I want...I think she finds my ever-changing wish list hard to keep up with!  :)

selfdestroyer

Quote from: Bret608 on October 03, 2013, 01:43:54 PM

It is, and I finally got it setup and playable. I had the string slipping out of the saddle issue with it for months and finally got it staying in place. This is the first offset I have owned and it will definitely stick around.

DutchMF

Quote from: wolfingsworth on October 03, 2013, 12:32:34 AM
Quote from: selfdestroyer on October 03, 2013, 12:30:00 AM

haha. I'd be lying if I said half of my house didn't come from Ikea. Now I need to get one of those rugs too.

Nice.... If you yell IKEA a bit to loud at our place, about 75% of our furniture would fall apart!

Cool gift dude! It's so nice when your spouse/friend/partner knows how to choose a gift that you really appreciate. My wife once gave me a really nice black leather guitar strap and a 1:10 scale PRS. We both can't afford a guitar like that, and I would feel really, really bad if she ever gave me the real deal. But it was a cool gesture!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

culturejam

I have a Couch wallet. And a belt. They make awesome stuff. Gotta get me a camera strap soon!
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

Bret608

Quote from: selfdestroyer on October 03, 2013, 04:42:36 PM
Quote from: Bret608 on October 03, 2013, 01:43:54 PM

It is, and I finally got it setup and playable. I had the string slipping out of the saddle issue with it for months and finally got it staying in place. This is the first offset I have owned and it will definitely stick around.

Awesome--I love my '94-ish MIJ Mustang. I've thought about selling it to get an MIJ Jag or Jazzmaster from the same period, and then getting a Mastery Bridge to avoid the strings jumping from the saddle. As it is I still love it though.

eldanko

I'm a HUGE fan of Couch straps man. I've got two or three and love them. Absolutely dig the color choice!!

Mad props to the wife on this one.
www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

gtr2

Cool!

I have a couple Couch straps and a VW seat vinyl wallet from them.  Looks like they are stitching the the spot that used to have the metal rivets.  That's a nice change.
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer