Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

and there's this - minifoogers

Started by GhostofJohnToad, October 02, 2013, 04:29:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kothoma

Quote from: Cortexturizer on October 02, 2013, 06:52:37 PM
Oh yes! Can't wait for these, gotta get the Ring as soon as it gets out :D

The MF Ring seems very stripped down. Need to see the full specs.

RobA

Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

RobA

I'm having a hard time reading it clearly, does the trem say it's a trem, chorus, phaser?

I'd love a small FreqBox.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

kothoma

Quote from: RobA on October 03, 2013, 12:39:25 PM
I'm having a hard time reading it clearly, does the trem say it's a trem, chorus, phaser?

"The MF Trem covers the gamut from classic opto tremolo effects to full-on phase and chorus. With its interactive [?] Tone and Mix controls you can craft sweet swells, percussive rhythms, and more."

Hm.

RobA

Quote from: kothoma on October 03, 2013, 12:53:21 PM

"The MF Trem covers the gamut from classic opto tremolo effects to full-on phase and chorus. With its interactive [?] Tone and Mix controls you can craft sweet swells, percussive rhythms, and more."

Hm.

Digital?

Edit: Well, no since the very first line in the ad is all analog. I wonder what they are doing for the chorus part.

kothoma

Quote from: RobA on October 03, 2013, 12:58:08 PM
Quote from: kothoma on October 03, 2013, 12:53:21 PM

Hm.

Digital?

It also says "Awesome All-analog Effects Pedals" in the title.

RobA

Quote from: kothoma on October 03, 2013, 01:02:53 PM
[..]
Digital?
Yeah, I just noticed that too. MAkes it more interesting, I wonder about what they are doing for the chorus. Maybe it's a chorus in the phase shifter chorus sense.

kothoma

Quote from: RobA on October 03, 2013, 01:05:44 PM
Quote from: kothoma on October 03, 2013, 01:02:53 PM
[..]
Digital?
Yeah, I just noticed that too. MAkes it more interesting, I wonder about what they are doing for the chorus. Maybe it's a chorus in the phase shifter chorus sense.

If it was a phaser wouldn't they market it as such? Where's that mini 12-stage phaser anyway?

Edit: and what's "Tremolo pedal with sub"?

kothoma

Quote from: raulduke on October 03, 2013, 11:19:42 AM
On the other hand, if they have put their ladder filter in a stomp box that can work well at line level for around £150 then I am definitely interested.

"Drive, $169: pairs an operational transconductance amplifier (for overdrive) with the Moog Ladder Filter."

You'd have to live with that overdrive, and probably guitar levels. And in the picture I read $189.

raulduke

Quote from: kothoma on October 03, 2013, 01:12:51 PM
Quote from: raulduke on October 03, 2013, 11:19:42 AM
On the other hand, if they have put their ladder filter in a stomp box that can work well at line level for around £150 then I am definitely interested.

"Drive, $169: pairs an operational transconductance amplifier (for overdrive) with the Moog Ladder Filter."

You'd have to live with that overdrive, and probably guitar levels. And in the picture I read $189.

Yep usually stuff is a bit less in UK £ than $ listing once its in the shops over here.

I would imagine Moog have catered for the Synth market/line levels with these pedals. There is certainly more of a demand for Moog stuff in those circles.

Cortexturizer

I just want an analog ring modulator with an expression input, if it says Moog on it, and the price is right, why not buy it. I doubt that they will strip it down too much. It will be much more easy to sell afterwards, being Moog and all.

That being said, I don't like when firms that are targeting the high-end market only start showing on the medium to cheap search. Just takes from the brand a little.
But okay, everybody is doing it I guess, just wait and see, iPhone 6SE is just around the corner...
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

raulduke

Quote from: Cortexturizer on October 03, 2013, 01:38:16 PM
I just want an analog ring modulator with an expression input, if it says Moog on it, and the price is right, why not buy it. I doubt that they will strip it down too much. It will be much more easy to sell afterwards, being Moog and all.

That being said, I don't like when firms that are targeting the high-end market only start showing on the medium to cheap search. Just takes from the brand a little.
But okay, everybody is doing it I guess, just wait and see, iPhone 6SE is just around the corner...

I agree with that. Moog was considered one of the 'luxury' audio brands.

They might risk devaluing their brand with stuff like this (and the ghastly iphone apps).

RobA

Quote from: kothoma on October 03, 2013, 01:11:16 PM
If it was a phaser wouldn't they market it as such? Where's that mini 12-stage phaser anyway?
Edit: and what's "Tremolo pedal with sub"?
Maybe they plan on bringing the 12-stage out later and don't want to confuse that by calling the trem pedal a phaser. I guess it depends on how they've implemented the trem. It would help to be able to see the labels on the knobs.

I've no idea what a trem with sub is, but I don't see that in the marketing blurb either, just the in the article.

Edit: On the Synthtopia site, they are saying it is with a sub audio VCO. I'm guessing that just means a voltage controlled LFO. 

kothoma

Quote from: RobA on October 03, 2013, 01:44:22 PM
Maybe they plan on bringing the 12-stage out later and don't want to confuse that by calling the trem pedal a phaser.
Quite possible.

I guess it depends on how they've implemented the trem. It would help to be able to see the labels on the knobs.
I still have no idea. Perhaps a faux-phaser (one variable notch filter). Well, but what with chorus? Hm.

I've no idea what a trem with sub is, but I don't see that in the marketing blurb either, just the in the article.
Edit: On the Synthtopia site, they are saying it is with a sub audio VCO. I'm guessing that just means a voltage controlled LFO.
LFO, OK.

kothoma

Well, here's a bit more: http://www.gearjunkies.com/news_info.php?news_id=8706
Moog Minifooger - Delay ($199.00)
A Bucket Brigade based 100% analog delay that delivers over 650ms of rich, blooming repeats. Adding an expression pedal to the MF Delay allows you to control feedback swells dynamically or adjust the delay time completely hands free.

Moog Minifooger - Tremolo ($179.00)
A lush, transformative, and unique wide-range tremolo pedal that employs a balanced modulator circuit and Sub Audio VCO.. Add an expression pedal for beautiful, hands-free swells.

Moog Minifooger - Boost ($139.00)
A tone enhancing, twin topology boost pedal that allows you to select between transparent VCA or clipped OTA signal paths. When paired with an expression pedal, the MF Boost can also be used as a volume pedal or sweepable-gain boost pedal.

Moog Minifooger - Drive ($169.00)
A unique, filter-based overdrive pedal that employs a classic OTA and Moog Ladder Filter in its drive section for completely customizable sounds from creamy overdrive to cranked tube amplifier. Plug in an expression pedal to add a dimension of tonal and performance possibilities not found elsewhere.

Moog Minifooger - Ring ($149.00)
A balanced Ring Modulator based on the best selling Ring Mod in the world, the Moogerfooger MF-102. Add an expression pedal and the MF Ring creates hands free sound sweeps and octave style jamming, to robotic and whammy effects.