News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

silver egg head

Started by hoodoo, October 02, 2013, 09:52:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoodoo

G'day to all, Matt here with my latest, a stock standard egg head. I was originally going to put it in a 1590a, (low profile electro's), but didn't have one handy, so in a B size box it went. I wasn't going to post it, with no art and all, but i tried something new and thought i should share. It was hard to photograph, but looks great in the flesh. I used a wire brush in the drill press and created random circle shapes on the top, and just polished the sides, very shiney ;D The egg head is a great overdrive, sometimes simple is best. Here she is, all the best, Matt

brejna

Bret608

I like the look! That's really classy.

ch1naski

Love that finish. I'm quickly becoming a fan of the bare aluminum look, been experimenting with tiger-striping using 1500 g sandpaper

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
one louder.

selfdestroyer

Like others have said, that finish is awesome. I love the brushed aluminum look.

stevie1556

Best overdrive I've ever used! Grewt choice there!

Absolutely love that finish and the insides are so tidy! Love the build!

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk!

wolfingsworth

I like it! I've also tried that approach but mine didn't look quite as good. Care to show the brush you used?

hoodoo

Thanks for the kind words, i'll gladly take some photos of the wire brush i used, and will post later tonight. I too, love the brushed aluminium look, and the best part, is that you don't have to wait a week for the paint/enviro/clearcoat etc, to dry before boxing, instant new pedal day ;)

hoodoo

Hey, as requested, the wire brush i used. They come in all different sizes, might be cool to use different ones, then i was thinking alcohol inks might go good with this, haven't used them yet. Look forward to seeing the tiger stripe pattern that was mentioned, the quest is endless ;) here ya go

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

hylandren

You've got the circles so perfect that (to me) it looks like raindrops on water.
Really beautiful!
Thanks for taking the time to photograph the brush you used and post the pic.

stevewire

Hey hoodoo,
I love the enclosure.  Awesome idea.

fendman

Nice idea with a great finish!!
Very nice all round Matt
Cheers
mike

wolfingsworth

Thanks Matt! That brush is made to fit into a drill, that's probably why your's looks so good. I just took a wire brush that is made for copper pipe fittings that I got from work for free ;D. The rest of the build is excellent too BTW :)

billstein

Wow! Every part of this build is just excellent.

Now I have to get me one of those brushes! Hey guys, remember when we started this hobby because it would save money?

jkokura

Now that's what you call a 'brushed finish'

Smile.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals