News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Click track and echo

Started by gordo, October 02, 2013, 12:40:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gordo

This is probably really obvious to most people but it's been a revelation to me.  I've been very fortunate to have been given a TC Nova Delay a while back and the tap tempo (or even cooler the "strum" tempo) is pretty slick.  Programming and switching between presets is less than intuitive but the delay sounds so killer it's worth the effort.  I play in a praise band on Sundays that's quite progressive and we use off-stage cabinets, an isolated drum cage, and a wireless in-ear monitor system.  To make up for the lack of "feel" from stage volume we've been using a click track (which is a process in itself to get used to) and from time to time we lock to loops as well.  So all was well and I'd fiddle with tempos with my feet and was pretty good at getting dotted "Edge"-type rhythms (which has been massively over-used by most contemporary Christian stuff).  I went on vacation and a buddy of mine stepped in for the week and changed over my display from milliseconds to BPM.  At first I was pissed because it took me a while to figure out how to get it back, but it dawned on me that if you already know the BPM of the click...just set it on the pedal.  This has proven to be a cool enough feature that I'm surprised more pedals don't have it.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?