News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Super Mutron Bros. - Meat Sphere build

Started by eldanko, September 27, 2013, 04:16:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eldanko

Just posted this in this month's contest... thought I'd drop it here too for discussion's sake! I'm really trying to get better at doing video demos, so I'd particularly love to hear what you guys think of this one. Instead of just doing camera audio as I've done in the past, I actually stereo mic'd the cab and ran into an MBox 2 so you could get a better idea of the sound of the box. I'm pretty happy with the way it came out - it sounds very much like what I'm hearing in the room. I didn't do any EQ in post or anything... just added a negligible amount of reverb to give it an "in the room" feel.

I've had this Meat Sphere board built up on my shelf for well over a year now... maybe two. After falling in love with my Nautilus build, I resolved to finally wire and box it up so I could compare the two. Geez... now I see why LaceSensor is such a huge Lovetone fan. This thing is well worth building and is just a great layout. For my full thoughts, check out the video demo below.

This was built with no modifications to the circuit. I like it the way it is  ;D

If you want to skip me blabbing about it, the sound clips occur at 1:09, 2:37, 3:30, 5:40, and 7:05.
www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

Jopn

Ha!  Awesome theme execution on this one.  Love it!

das234

Great work!  You're absolutely right about this thing on the percussive stuff.  Night and day difference.

jimilee

That is just an incredible build, and a small amount of parts! Just as an aside and a question, don't the builds have to be built in the month that they're enetred? I suppose that one will now have a permanent place on your board huh? Nice!
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

LaceSensor

Super nice build.
These go together like "buttah"

Heres another one I made earlier...

video was epic too in a good way

eldanko

Quote from: jimilee on September 27, 2013, 06:40:28 PM
That is just an incredible build, and a small amount of parts! Just as an aside and a question, don't the builds have to be built in the month that they're enetred? I suppose that one will now have a permanent place on your board huh? Nice!

Per the rules...
1) You may only submit builds completed in August and/or Septmeber

The build was not remotely complete until August, so that fits right?  :)

ch1naski

So I see these rad builds and demo, immediately go straight to musicpcb...... And they are out of stock.  Argh.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
one louder.

eldanko

Quote from: LaceSensor on September 27, 2013, 06:46:15 PM
Super nice build.
These go together like "buttah"

Heres another one I made earlier...

It was actually through your website/blog that I discovered this project in the first place!

culturejam

Damn man, that video is excellent.

And the pedal is bitchin as well.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

catfud

Great sounding filter, and I love that retro artwork! Pleasantly surprised to be reminded of some classic Meters too - now where did I put that CD?  :)

jimilee

Quote from: eldanko on September 27, 2013, 06:53:54 PM
Quote from: jimilee on September 27, 2013, 06:40:28 PM

Per the rules...
1) You may only submit builds completed in August and/or Septmeber

The build was not remotely complete until August, so that fits right?  :)
yep, the enclosure so I guess you're right. Certainly wasn't trying to make trouble just getting clarification. Again great build man, and your playing is just fantastic.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

eldanko

I'm pretty sure that, per the rules, you can take as long as you like on a given build... you just can't submit it in a later month than when you actually completed it. In other words, it would be in bad taste to build something but not post it until a later contest or something like that.

Gledison

Wooow, this is a fantastic pedal!
great job mate!
I want one baaadly! very informative video by the way! thumbs up!
look, its possible to get the layout? or did you buy the pbc somewhere?
cheers
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?

eldanko

Yessir. It's available on musicpcb.com, although they do appear to be sold out at the moment.

gtr2

Love it!  Reminds me of my childhood  :)

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer